It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

A player to play alongside Rodri and take Rodri’s place when he's rested has to priority this summer.

There's no way he can keep going the way he's going, If he's ever injured long term we're fucked.
Unfortunately we have spent the past part of 100 mil on Nunes and Phillips to fill in those roles. No to mention 20 mil on kovacic. I don’t see us signing a cm unless nunes or kovacic leave and I don’t see a market for either player.

I think we go again with the same squad apart from savio which allows Bernardo to play more central alongside Rodri.

Only question mark I have is whether Ederson stays. It’s likely pep’s last season so don’t see a big shake up happening at all

Unfortunately we have spent the past part of 100 mil on Nunes and Phillips to fill in those roles. No to mention 20 mil on kovacic. I don’t see us signing a cm unless nunes or kovacic leave and I don’t see a market for either player.

I think we go again with the same squad apart from savio which allows Bernardo to play more central alongside Rodri.

Only question mark I have is whether Ederson stays. It’s likely pep’s last season so don’t see a big shake up happening at all
I don't see a big shake up, though that's nothing to do with whether Pep extends or not. Think Savio plus 1,unless a KDB or Ederson leave, I'm currently off the Guimaraes bus and on the Kimmich one, but I have done a fair bit of bus hopping.

We can’t go again with what we have, Rodri gets injured we are in trouble. When Rodri doesn’t play it’s like a basketball game our midfield has a massive hole in it. We’ve been very lucky that Rodri has been able to stay fit and not get injured but that news coming out of the Spanish camp is worrying.

We've spent money on players that can’t do what Rodri can. Kovacic isn’t aggressive enough , Nunes the same , they can dribble and keep control and are good at that, but breaking up play and tackling they can’t do it. Funny enough Kalvin was perfect but his decline we couldn’t see coming, the Kalvin at Leeds was exactly what we needed as a back up

So we desperately need a player that has the skill set like Rodri. No one will be as good as Rodri but we can try. Right now we are again one Rodri injury away from teams being able to cut us open at will.

The games Rodri didn’t play last season and Kovacic did we couldn’t control counter attacks we were cut open. The six is so important in Peps system Fernandinho was our most important player when he was here , Rodri is now.

This summer we need a back up or a player to push for the starting spot. Frenkie or Bruno would fit perfectly stat wise

I don't see a big shake up, though that's nothing to do with whether Pep extends or not. Think Savio plus 1,unless a KDB or Ederson leave, I'm currently off the Guimaraes bus and on the Kimmich one, but I have done a fair bit of bus hopping.
Not sure Kimmich is the answer. He has played at rb for Germany and seems to lack the athleticism to play centrally.

Not sure Kimmich is the answer. He has played at rb for Germany and seems to lack the athleticism to play centrally.
Maybe, not seen him play for a liitle while, maybe get off the next stop. To be honest I could see him playing the inverted right back and filling in some games for Rodri. Whether he could do it if Rodri was missing for an extended period, not sure.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.