It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Unfortunately we have spent the past part of 100 mil on Nunes and Phillips to fill in those roles. No to mention 20 mil on kovacic. I don’t see us signing a cm unless nunes or kovacic leave and I don’t see a market for either player.

I think we go again with the same squad apart from savio which allows Bernardo to play more central alongside Rodri.

Only question mark I have is whether Ederson stays. It’s likely pep’s last season so don’t see a big shake up happening at all
If we don't get help for Rodri this season I think it will be a potential disaster. The poor dude is running on fumes and we've been incredibly lucky he hasn't gotten injured. This would be a big mistake.

If we don't get help for Rodri this season I think it will be a potential disaster. The poor dude is running on fumes and we've been incredibly lucky he hasn't gotten injured. This would be a big mistake.
Similar statements have been said during the close season of the last few seasons . They didn't end too bad, did they ?
And let's say we go a season without winning anything , is that really a disaster? Is that what we have become?

Similar statements have been said during the close season of the last few seasons . They didn't end too bad, did they ?
And let's say we go a season without winning anything , is that really a disaster? Is that what we have become?
Yeah can't argue with the success, but we've been very very lucky with regard to Rodri's health. With reports that are coming our of the Spain camp, it's even more imperative now than ever to get him some help. Picture if he suffered an extended injury during the last two seasons. Where would we be? Not treble winners and probably not league winners.

Yeah can't argue with the success, but we've been very very lucky with regard to Rodri's health. With reports that are coming our of the Spain camp, it's even more imperative now than ever to get him some help. Picture if he suffered an extended injury during the last two seasons. Where would we be? Not treble winners and probably not league winners.
If my aunt had balls, she would be my Uncle

It's obvious that we need a player that's capable of primarily being a compliment to Rodri but can also play as his back-up in certain (early cup rounds, winnable CL group stage games) matches too. Gundogan was perfect for it but that monumental fuck up has to be forgotten.

Bruno is the most obvious one. But he's expensive.

Frenkie would be perfect. But his wages are ridiculous.

Fabian is another. But he's at PSG and won't be allowed to leave (even if he wanted to).

Do we look closer to home? Develop Nunes to play the role? But he doesn't have the composure needed to play the lone 6 IMO. Same with Lewis. Kovacic is a fantastic footballer and IMO can serve as the back-up to the lone 6 position but he doesn't get enough goals and we missed that (IMO again) last season - you could always rely on Gundo for 10-15 goals a season.

There will be others out there that I'm ignorant to I'm sure but one thing is for certain, we can't afford to skimp on it again. We need to go balls out and get somebody who fits the role and can come straight into the team and play various roles and positions. Like when we replaced Aguero. We didn't fuck about and we got the most sought-after striker in world football.

I'd go with Bruno. Release clause, fantastic player, great character, knows the league and who gives a fuck how much he costs as long as we can afford to spend it!?

It wasn't Southgate saying that though,he was very good at the Euros, he was looked at by a few teams. We obviously thought he had enough talent for us to work with.It's not that we bought a player obviously not good enough, it just turned out he didn't have what it takes to adapt to Peps game.
Anyway that done and dusted now.He either gets sold or loaned, doubt it impacts who we bring in next,one way or the other.

I distinctly remember ever since he get that knock injury on his chest in Barca friendly games that requires him doing major surgery, he never be the same since then.

It's obvious that we need a player that's capable of primarily being a compliment to Rodri but can also play as his back-up in certain (early cup rounds, winnable CL group stage games) matches too. Gundogan was perfect for it but that monumental fuck up has to be forgotten.

Bruno is the most obvious one. But he's expensive.

Frenkie would be perfect. But his wages are ridiculous.

Fabian is another. But he's at PSG and won't be allowed to leave (even if he wanted to).

Do we look closer to home? Develop Nunes to play the role? But he doesn't have the composure needed to play the lone 6 IMO. Same with Lewis. Kovacic is a fantastic footballer and IMO can serve as the back-up to the lone 6 position but he doesn't get enough goals and we missed that (IMO again) last season - you could always rely on Gundo for 10-15 goals a season.

There will be others out there that I'm ignorant to I'm sure but one thing is for certain, we can't afford to skimp on it again. We need to go balls out and get somebody who fits the role and can come straight into the team and play various roles and positions. Like when we replaced Aguero. We didn't fuck about and we got the most sought-after striker in world football.

I'd go with Bruno. Release clause, fantastic player, great character, knows the league and who gives a fuck how much he costs as long as we can afford to spend it!?
We created a monster that no one can compare, it is a single pivot and his injury record is outstanding, we can talk Kimmich, Bruno or De Jong, but they will all be on the bench in important matches. Nunes and Stones will have to do, along side buying Grey and bedding him in slowly, buying Grey as an academy player, would increase competition without increasing squad size, it would not change his wages or minutes on the pitch.

Agree to disagree on Phillips but will say it does impact because Phillips is on huge wages and still has 4 years contracted at city. With the stringent psr rules crap buys like Phillips and nunes matter greatly
Agreed, can’t understand the Nunes buy at all

It’s what the clubs become yeah. After all the success as a fan I wouldn’t mind not winning anything. But the owners would see it as a disaster. The guys at the top of our club are serial winners they expect trophies. Every end of season interview with Khaldoon he wants to win again and again. Already said let’s win it a 5th time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.