It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Similar statements have been said during the close season of the last few seasons . They didn't end too bad, did they ?
And let's say we go a season without winning anything , is that really a disaster? Is that what we have become?
It feels as though the pool of players we are relying on is shrinking, with in some instances the replacements coming can at best be described as average. We need to stop buying these £50mill “bargains” and buy just one quality player

It feels as though the pool of players we are relying on is shrinking, with in some instances the replacements coming can at best be described as average. We need to stop buying these £50mill “bargains” and buy just one quality player

That would require the board be brave enough to say offer £125m for Musiala?

That would require the board be brave enough to say offer £125m for Musiala?
What does that achieve exactly. City don't need to make an offer for Musiala. If he was interested in coming, he knows how to get in touch with Txiki.

Small time tin pot clubs like Arsenal put out public bids, I never understood why, it achieves nothing.

What does that achieve exactly. City don't need to make an offer for Musiala. If he was interested in coming, he knows how to get in touch with Txiki.

Small time tin pot clubs like Arsenal put out public bids, I never understood why, it achieves nothing.

I never said make it public or leak anything mate? Just about the signings now to improve this team are them type of signings and are the board prepared to do them sort of deals at them numbers?

I never said make it public or leak anything mate? Just about the signings now to improve this team are them type of signings and are the board prepared to do them sort of deals at them numbers?
Fair enough and yes of course we would, we paid 100m for Grealish. I don't think money is the object for talent.

There's no way Bayern are selling Musiala right now. 2 years left on his deal and he's absolutely killing it for club and country. They'd demand £150m+ for him and were not paying that and £300k + a week wages.

In a years time if he hasn't signed a new deal it becomes a different conversation, but right now they've no reason to sell. It'd be like Bayern trying to poach Haaland from us with 2 years left on his deal. Would you sell for anything less than £150m? The answer is a very simple no.

Unfortunately we have spent the past part of 100 mil on Nunes and Phillips to fill in those roles. No to mention 20 mil on kovacic. I don’t see us signing a cm unless nunes or kovacic leave and I don’t see a market for either player.
I think we go again with the same squad apart from savio which allows Bernardo to play more central alongside Rodri.

Only question mark I have is whether Ederson stays. It’s likely pep’s last season so don’t see a big shake up happening at all
Arsenal spent over £200m on Plodder, Havertz and a full back who has played less than Phillips. They must have no money this year either.

It’s nonsense at least for this summer. He isn’t for sale and he isn’t the type of player we are looking to spend money on. Next summer we may or may not be looking for that type of player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.