It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Being daft would in the new era of PSR and FFP make decisions based on sentiment.

The club are going to have to make tough decisions. If an offer arrives for him then he's clearly given the go ahead and isn't signing a new deal, so we will accept it and wish him all the best.

He's already been spouting off in the media about Saudi, he's firmly opened the door to it. Let's be on the right side of it and not let it be for free next summer.

All depends on the offer, doesn't it. And who else can be signed. But I agree.

Then none will be going.

KDB would be a marquee signing for them , they cost serious money 100M minimum.

Ederson under contract has to be 50-60m, Nunes 40m, Walker 20m plus

Other than kev, who is in the last year of his contract, I agree entirely. That IS what they should (hypothetically) go for.

But I am saying if they do (I don't think they will), that's not what we will take for them.

Torres is the only senior player imo that we sold for market value. Everyone else imo, were 'reasonable' deals, that could easily have been more. Or 'book' profit as dec called them, but certainly on the low side of the market.

For the record, I am not complaining in the slightest. Just highlighting people's expectations are way out. I have fully accepted it, the club are consistent, reliable and keep winning while refreshing the squad. They maybe bank less than they could for certain players, but they more than make up for it on the youth player sales. They report successful business overall and we have great football to watch. So if we do say end up with 120m for the 4 of them, I accept that. But this 200m imaginary 'boost', that just ain't happening.

Other than kev, who is in the last year of his contract, I agree entirely. That IS what they should (hypothetically) go for.

But I am saying if they do (I don't think they will), that's not what we will take for them.

Torres is the only senior player imo that we sold for market value. Everyone else imo, were 'reasonable' deals, that could easily have been more. Or 'book' profit as dec called them, but certainly on the low side of the market.

For the record, I am not complaining in the slightest. Just highlighting people's expectations are way out. I have fully accepted it, the club are consistent, reliable and keep winning while refreshing the squad. They maybe bank less than they could for certain players, but they more than make up for it on the youth player sales. They report successful business overall and we have great football to watch. So if we do say end up with 120m for the 4 of them, I accept that. But this 200m imaginary 'boost', that just ain't happening.
The Saudis have crazy money but when looking at the deals they have done they don't spend crazy money on transfer fees' , wages are another story.

I also simply don't believe they have offered Ederson 750k a week, that sort of money for a keeper is fanciful but if it's remotely true, I would not blame him wanting it.

The Saudis have crazy money but when looking at the deals they have done they don't spend crazy money on transfer fees' , wages are another story.

I also simply don't believe they have offered Ederson 750k a week, that sort of money for a keeper is fanciful but if it's remotely true, I would not blame him wanting it.

I personally don't believe any of the wages reported, for any player that went there or was offered the chance to go there. Including Ederson's.

They will be crazy high, no doubt. But the obscene amounts quoted, which seem to differ so much depending on who is claiming them, I personally don't see.

And in terms of transfer fees, they haven't gone crazy either in any player they took over there. A few bizarre 50m ish deals for fairly mid range european names from big league teams, but the rest of the big players were older players for free, or decent value deals.

And I don’t believe that they would have offered 200m for Salah. Nor that Liverpool would have refused it.

I personally don't believe any of the wages reported, for any player that went there or was offered the chance to go there. Including Ederson's.

They will be crazy high, no doubt. But the obscene amounts quoted, which seem to differ so much depending on who is claiming them, I personally don't see.

And in terms of transfer fees, they haven't gone crazy either in any player they took over there. A few bizarre 50m ish deals for fairly mid range european names from big league teams, but the rest of the big players were older players for free, or decent value deals.

And I don’t believe that they would have offered 200m for Salah. Nor that Liverpool would have refused it.
100% Just clever PR making their league seem far more relevant than the reality.

Being daft would in the new era of PSR and FFP make decisions based on sentiment.

The club are going to have to make tough decisions. If an offer arrives for him then he's clearly given the go ahead and isn't signing a new deal, so we will accept it and wish him all the best.

He's already been spouting off in the media about Saudi, he's firmly opened the door to it. Let's be on the right side of it and not let it be for free next summer.
Sadly I agree because he’s been brilliant but time moves on and his injury record will only get worse

I was talking to my cousin who's got contacts out there and they said they'll pay whatever it takes to bring in Premier League 'superstars'.
He's a Wolves season ticket holder so saw Ruben Neves leave last summer.

I asked about the £70/80m transfer fees and he said ' you just don't understand, this is absolute pennies to them'.
Salah would be a major superstar for the league (even bigger than fake ronaldo) and a massive coup for them as they'd get him from Liverpool.

That would show 'their weight' in the transfer market.

don't lump Kovačić in with the other 2. Great player
Kovacic was included as he’s purchased for the same central position so has to be factored in to the signing on fee an costs. I like Kovacic but if your aim is to be best team in the world he’s not in that starting 11. Would’ve been fantastic squad purchase hadn’t we thrown away Cole Palmer

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.