It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

He caught my eye within 5 minutes of watching him and I spent 15 years evaluating players at a decent level for what it's worth...just sayin'...and it appears he's caught the eye of quite a few others as well...
I am not sure he is worth the rush. One full season at Palace then revisit it. Even if the price will shoot up. Same with Bruno G. If he was that special teams would have snapped him up last summer. Including City.

I am not sure he is worth the rush. One full season at Palace then revisit it. Even if the price will shoot up. Same with Bruno G. If he was that special teams would have snapped him up last summer.
I'm not saying we should or should not move for him. I'm saying he's definitely not mediocre. That much is obvious. How good, or even great, he becomes is still obviously in play...but among his peer group he is an elite prospect, simple as...

I'm not saying we should or should not move for him. I'm saying he's definitely not mediocre. That much is obvious. How good, or even great, he becomes is still obviously in play...but among his peer group he is an elite prospect, simple as...
16 games is not the greatest sample size. I am not insinutating he is shit but he again we see the game slightly different (not necessary a bad thing). There have been plenty of players who have been fastracked.

He’s better than Bellingham and standing out in a team not being made to look good by world class players and he’s playing consistently well in a better, stronger league. I’d have Wharton here all day everyday, he’s a cracking player.
lol... mate

Agreed mate. Didn’t Southgate even say himself that England hadn’t had a player like Wharton if many years but doesn’t play him? Southgate is being led by the media to play Mainoo though isn’t he? I want Bruno G but if it’s Wharton , I definitely wouldn’t be upset by it!

Unfortunately the circus around Southgate and the England squad because of their performances means he probably wants to protect Wharton by keeping him away what could potentially come his way if he doesn't perform. It's fair enough to manage him that way, much better for younger players to come into a positive environment where people won't jump on every mistake. But Wharton has that rare skillset in terms of being able to thread the ball from defence to attack, which we've really lacked.

Bruno is the polished article, but comes at a cost obviously. Wharton would need some time to further develop, but who knows what he could become. His improvement from Blackburn to Palace has been staggering and I think he had a 100% pass completion rate when he made his debut for England - and he wasn't just passing backwards!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.