It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

No recent links but Robinson at Fulham ticks those boxes.

Haha he'd be the one I want tbh, great minds - can't recall if I put it here or twitter but last season he was excellent defensively, rapid and decent enough going forward.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240703_224356_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240703_224356_Samsung Internet.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 29
I don't think Nunes was ready to walk into the team. Especially in such an important position. He was purchased after the season was underway. People forget he played premier league games with Wolves this season before getting the move. I think we should have tempered expectations considering he missed preseason.

Think we bought him for his profile / potential rather than to be a ready many player. And Nunes actually got 1500 minutes last season - not too shabby.

Ake and Stones took time to come good and look at them now. And signing a player like Musiala has nothing to do with having an extra 50m. We have plenty of space to splash money on whomever without tripping over the FFP regulations.

I'm not saying there arent better alternatives, but people writing off Nunes in KP fashion just irks me. He's way better.
Spot on!

I don't think Nunes was ready to walk into the team. Especially in such an important position. He was purchased after the season was underway. People forget he played premier league games with Wolves this season before getting the move. I think we should have tempered expectations considering he missed preseason.

Think we bought him for his profile / potential rather than to be a ready many player. And Nunes actually got 1500 minutes last season - not too shabby.

Ake and Stones took time to come good and look at them now. And signing a player like Musiala has nothing to do with having an extra 50m. We have plenty of space to splash money on whomever without tripping over the FFP regulations.

I'm not saying there arent better alternatives, but people writing off Nunes in KP fashion just irks me. He's way better.
SPOT ON. I don't know why a section of our fanbase lump on the negativity so quickly, but it's the only part of being a City fan that I don't like. It's clear that Nunes has some potential, but it often takes players a while to change to Pep's style and tactics, and we regularly hear players speak of how he changed their whole understanding of the game. Let's give him some love and patience for as long as he's with us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.