It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Nunes isn’t going to get the game time mate and the lad knows it - I think he’s a good player but he isn’t a Pep player

He’d excel at Liverpool
I fully acknowledge I sound like a mother when I say this, but there needs to be more acknowledgement that sometimes talented players don’t work in certain systems, as you said. We spend an awful lot of time criticizing him, when it may be an issue of him in our system. If we/City media spent more time focusing on his positive qualities, maybe it would be easier to move him (and other players who don’t fit the system) on!

If he was that good why did Pep hardly play him. The comparison with regard to KP is that Pep isn’t playing him and when he’s come on he’s done naff all to justify his price I’d rather have kept Palmer or played Bob more. Waste of £50 mill that could have gone towards these so called untouchables like Musiala
I don't think Nunes was ready to walk into the team. Especially in such an important position. He was purchased after the season was underway. People forget he played premier league games with Wolves this season before getting the move. I think we should have tempered expectations considering he missed preseason.

Think we bought him for his profile / potential rather than to be a ready many player. And Nunes actually got 1500 minutes last season - not too shabby.

Ake and Stones took time to come good and look at them now. And signing a player like Musiala has nothing to do with having an extra 50m. We have plenty of space to splash money on whomever without tripping over the FFP regulations.

I'm not saying there arent better alternatives, but people writing off Nunes in KP fashion just irks me. He's way better.

I don't think Nunes was ready to walk into the team. Especially in such an important position. He was purchased after the season was underway. People forget he played premier league games with Wolves this season before getting the move. I think we should have tempered expectations considering he missed preseason.

Think we bought him for his profile / potential rather than to be a ready many player. And Nunes actually got 1500 minutes last season - not too shabby.

Ake and Stones took time to come good and look at them now. And signing a player like Musiala has nothing to do with having an extra 50m. We have plenty of space to splash money on whomever without tripping over the FFP regulations.

I'm not saying there arent better alternatives, but people writing off Nunes in KP fashion just irks me. He's way better.
If he stays we will see, I’ll eat humble pie if it turns out well but I just don’t see it bud.

Nunes is class mate, ...
... He has all the tools to become our newest Gundogan. ...
He may have many technical tools, but - and that's the same topic with Kalvin:
he doesn't have the bite you need on top level.
Some remember how Pep called it: happy flower.
He's one, like Kalvin who sadly even lost his smile.

Gundo is captain for club (well, for us he was) and country. Nunes played the last 15mins in a dead rubber loss vs Georgia. Does he have to learn the POR system as well?

If you want to have proper scouting reports you should start involving the topic "personality" or "confidence, whatever you call it. Put it on top of the list.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.