It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Rico Lewis was very good when Walker got injured during the Arsenal game and missed a chunk of games as a result of it. I’d like to see him get a run, does what’s asked of him and is adaptable playing right back and stepping into midfield.
If we did get Kimmich,then Lewis stepping into that role wouldn’t be a change in the team so in that regard I agree, and watching Kimmich can only be good for him.Still think at least for a season though Walker would be handy. Especially if we are resting Rodri and playing Kimmich as a 6 in games.

vitinho looks cut out for us,reminds me of bernardo,i liked the look of the portugal fullback(left) cant remember his name though, also i really like that kid who plays for real madrid,plays for france, black kid with dreds(usually plays at fullback for madrid,midfield for france)

for me
dreds boy,lb dm, inverted lb
vitinho 8/10
savio,(i know nothing about him ) but we seem to have signed him
kimmich rb,dm,inverted rb

vitinho looks cut out for us,reminds me of bernardo,i liked the look of the portugal fullback(left) cant remember his name though, also i really like that kid who plays for real madrid,plays for france, black kid with dreds(usually plays at fullback for madrid,midfield for france)

for me
dreds boy,lb dm, inverted lb
vitinho 8/10
savio,(i know nothing about him ) but we seem to have signed him
kimmich rb,dm,inverted rb
Nuno Mendes is Portuguese lb.
He's at PSG. I've seen him get rinsed a fair few times but he's definitely improving.
Camavinga is at RM as you say. Quality, quality player. More chance of me being at City than him.

Vitinho is just fantastic. Ticks every box. Got no chance of getting him either. PSG won't be selling him.

Stones won’t be going anywhere, KDB who knows but with Foden he can be used sparingly.Walker agree but if we got Kimmich Walker can be used in games where we need his pace. Ideally think the club would rather replace 3 this year ,the obvious ones. Next summer KDB, Walker and possibly Bernardo.Events may force their hand on a couple though.
Oddly Stones fitness looks okay in the Euros.
Stones has looked very rusty and error prone throughout the competition

Stones has looked very rusty and error prone throughout the competition

That’s because when he plays for City he usually plays the hybrid role of moving into midfield, certainly has last couple of years. He is world class in that role. As a regular CB (role Southgate plays him) he is good but not world class imo.

These are exciting, transitional times; I have no worries.
If we lost Walker and KDB, I would not be concerned.
With the former, he is a tremendous athlete but probably our weakest player on the ball. I think that Rico is capable of taking over from him. If that happens, we would have added ball-quality, and intelligence, but would, and probably should, look to replace his athleticism - Akanji becomes a more important player in this situation. Gvardiol's second season could see him emerge as the ball-playing centre back, a role he is supremely well qualified for.

KDB is a legend and still an extraordinary player. He will have to be used less, and will not be able to play 50+ games at high intensity. I think that Phil is able to replace him. I would shift Grealish inside to the left central position, alongside Rodri, with Phil further forward. It's second season for Doku and I expect him to be better again - a scary proposition. I hope that Oscar is given more game time and I believe that he can become absolutely world-class.

So, in the event that KDB and Walker leave, I would simply give Oscar and Rico more game time, allied to a shift of Jack into a more central role. Who we buy doesn't overly concern me - I think that we are well set up regardless. I haven't really seen a stand-out player in the Euros, but it has been a long, long season for so many.

I would prefer us to be active rather than reactive. Last season we panicked and bought Nunes who has been a complete waste of money. We could have banked that not added to the wage bill and played Bob more (he looks ready to me)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.