It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

True. I'm just saying that Walker is no longer an elite defender so we might as well move on to someone who is very good going forward. As long as they are adequate defending...
not without a change of system or pep goes i reckon, good 1-1 defending will be the first attribute they look for with Savio in, so no longer needs to be the furthest high & wide etc.

More likely to see a RCB/RB over a RB/RWB imo

I'd still take peak and healthy Laporte to Gvardiol. Mahrez is way better than Foden as a winger. Palmer is better and more suited to City than Doku. Nunes is forgettable. Kovacic is never in Gundogan's level. Our level of play last year was the worst since the 2019-20 season. I was waiting and waiting for our play to improve and reach heights again and it never did. Forget about winning CL or PL this year if we continue with this ponderous and lethargic play of the past year.
That’s a lot of shite in one paragraph.
Peak transfer thread right there.
New breed of City fan leaves a lot to be desired.

I'd still take peak and healthy Laporte to Gvardiol. Mahrez is way better than Foden as a winger. Palmer is better and more suited to City than Doku. Nunes is forgettable. Kovacic is never in Gundogan's level. Our level of play last year was the worst since the 2019-20 season. I was waiting and waiting for our play to improve and reach heights again and it never did. Forget about winning CL or PL this year if we continue with this ponderous and lethargic play of the past year.
All in your opinion but the man who makes these decisions seems to disagree with you..I must admit I too agree with Pep

never had these problems with chelsea

Gvardiol is a better footballer than Laporte and even after one season in the prem you can see that.

Palmr is being hailed as the new messiah...he aint...Its the media narrative to try and create a story in the relms of "look how city have fucked up giving this boy to Chelsea." He is good but Doku is a better all around player again...his stats are not padded out by penalties either....Doku is also better against a low block

There are some players that just arent replaceable with like for like or even level..Gundo was one of those but again in his first season Kovacic played a decent role.

Id rather have Foden than Mahrez any day - Foden never goes missing no matter who we are playing or how well we are playing....Foden may have bad games but he is always giving his all...Mahrez was hit and miss

Yes we need to improve on last seasons performances....but its not just about those individual players you have mentioned..we lost KDB for half a season and Haaland for 3 months.

The biggest issue for me is KDB - as good as he is and valuable as he is we cannt rely on him now age is catching up...Pep will have to find other ways...possibly why we are rumoured to be going for at least one wide player. The other essential buy a cover for Rodri

Nunes - yes he didnt have an impact but there is a player in there and he may come good. ..if not we will recoup most of our money if not all

These are exciting, transitional times; I have no worries.
If we lost Walker and KDB, I would not be concerned.
With the former, he is a tremendous athlete but probably our weakest player on the ball. I think that Rico is capable of taking over from him. If that happens, we would have added ball-quality, and intelligence, but would, and probably should, look to replace his athleticism - Akanji becomes a more important player in this situation. Gvardiol's second season could see him emerge as the ball-playing centre back, a role he is supremely well qualified for.

KDB is a legend and still an extraordinary player. He will have to be used less, and will not be able to play 50+ games at high intensity. I think that Phil is able to replace him. I would shift Grealish inside to the left central position, alongside Rodri, with Phil further forward. It's second season for Doku and I expect him to be better again - a scary proposition. I hope that Oscar is given more game time and I believe that he can become absolutely world-class.

So, in the event that KDB and Walker leave, I would simply give Oscar and Rico more game time, allied to a shift of Jack into a more central role. Who we buy doesn't overly concern me - I think that we are well set up regardless. I haven't really seen a stand-out player in the Euros, but it has been a long, long season for so many.
Lots to like about these suggestions

Here fishy fishy fishy

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.