It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Really think we're asking for problems if we don't sign a right back this summer.
Yes! And all the interest and everyone’s suggestions seem focused on the left. It seems daft not to look at this side for a little transition planning. (I like Walker, and we desperately need Rodri cover…all the regular transfer caveats)

I'd still take peak and healthy Laporte to Gvardiol. Mahrez is way better than Foden as a winger. Palmer is better and more suited to City than Doku. Nunes is forgettable. Kovacic is never in Gundogan's level. Our level of play last year was the worst since the 2019-20 season. I was waiting and waiting for our play to improve and reach heights again and it never did. Forget about winning CL or PL this year if we continue with this ponderous and lethargic play of the past year.
51 points in 2nd half of Prem season so we weren't that lethargic...it's all relative...
Gvardiol will far exceed LaPorte going forward.
Foden's future is in the middle so comparing him to Mahrez is moot. BTW, Phil matched Ryad's POY achievement.
Winning our 4th straight with KDB out 5+ months and Haaland out for 2 while adjusting to the loss of Gundo for me was a remarkable achievement especially while being challenged by not one, but two other clubs.
Chin up mate.
This squad will be a menace to all this coming season, bet on it!

He’s been shite for England is tournament though mate? Been a brilliant player for us but he’s never been tactically and positionally good but his pace and stamina got him out of trouble? That’s now declining so surely time to upgrade?
That's the key word, UPGRADE. He has gone from being a great strength (I don't think anyone would argue that) to being below the level of the majority of his teammates, ergo, a weakness. Even yesterday he could not contain his mark on the Swiss tap in at the back post. Some might think otherwise, but we could do better at this time...

That's the key word, UPGRADE. He has gone from being a great strength (I don't think anyone would argue that) to being below the level of the majority of his teammates, ergo, a weakness. Even yesterday he could not contain his mark on the Swiss tap in at the back post. Some might think otherwise, but we could do better at this time...
think potential upgrade is as good as we're gonna do for now. Elite RB market is kinda poor.

think potential upgrade is as good as we're gonna do for now. Elite RB market is kinda poor.
True. I'm just saying that Walker is no longer an elite defender so we might as well move on to someone who is very good going forward. As long as they are adequate defending...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.