It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

I think Upamecano is someone we could bid for to cover the RB/RCB role. Now that United have signed Yoro (shocked they pulled that off), they're probably out on De Ligt. I'd say it's Jarred Branthwaite as the other CB signing. Upa's contract is running down, one year left as it stands.

Probably the closest thing to a Gvardiol / Ake LB profile, but on the opposite flank wherein we're short for depth. I think he'd be better than Akanji on the outside. We showed interest sometime in 2019-2020 if I recall correctly. Will take a decent bid to pry him from Bayern where his wages are nothing crazy, but not sure he's essential to them. And with only one year left, maybe they cash in for somewhere in the ~55m range?

And if my memory serves me right, we gave him the run around in our last couple matchups. Maybe he wants to upgrade to the best team in the world...

View attachment 125675
Ah yes - the mistake riddled Upamecamo would be a great fit

I think Upamecano is someone we could bid for to cover the RB/RCB role. Now that United have signed Yoro (shocked they pulled that off), they're probably out on De Ligt. I'd say it's Jarred Branthwaite as the other CB signing. Upa's contract is running down, one year left as it stands.

Probably the closest thing to a Gvardiol / Ake LB profile, but on the opposite flank wherein we're short for depth. I think he'd be better than Akanji on the outside. We showed interest sometime in 2019-2020 if I recall correctly. Will take a decent bid to pry him from Bayern where his wages are nothing crazy, but not sure he's essential to them. And with only one year left, maybe they cash in for somewhere in the ~55m range?

And if my memory serves me right, we gave him the run around in our last couple matchups. Maybe he wants to upgrade to the best team in the world...

View attachment 125675
UpaMaguire he was labelled, I think.

View attachment 125675
Of all the shouts on this forum, this is up there as one of the worst.

55m for someone that is half the player of Akanji and Stones who can already play the CB/Rb role. Never mind forcing out Lewis and Walker of there position.

Of all the shouts on this forum, this is up there as one of the worst.

55m for someone that is half the player of Akanji and Stones who can already play the CB/Rb role. Never mind forcing out Lewis and Walker of there position.
You lot are so closed-minded lol. Seems like everyone here is extremely ill-informed on Upa's quality. If you've only watched him play five times, then maybe refrain from commenting? His direct comparison is Akanji, and he's performing at the level Akanji was when we signed him. His physical traits are rare. He's still quite young.

People saying he's a liability on the ball? Are you kidding? Just say you only watched him against Man City and move on. He attempts nearly 100 passes per match, completes 93% of those. He has 7.09 progressive passes per 90, ranking him in 99th percentile of big 5 leagues. He's one of the worlds best passing defenders. Also, his progressive carries stat is 93rd percentile.

Akanji attempts slightly less passes, but completes ~same amount, has 5.53 carries per 90, and is 97th percentile in progressive carries. They are spitting images of each other at this stage, but Upa has plenty room to grow based off his physicals. Yes he's a bit rash and mistake prone, but that's less of an issue at RB than CB. Should mature with age.

Think he could excel under Pep. Walker is not the man he once was, unfortunately.

we wanted Bellingham, Rice and Paqueta and ended up with Nunes who nowhere near brought a performance level that the other 3 targets from last summer was supposed to bring.

its clear we need a midfield option not just to sit on the bench in case Rodri is injured, imagine if Bellingham accepts City offer or Rice decides to come here last summer, they wouldnt have done what Nunes did play about 10 games mostly as a sub in PL.

You lot are so closed-minded lol. Seems like everyone here is extremely ill-informed on Upa's quality. If you've only watched him play five times, then maybe refrain from commenting? His direct comparison is Akanji, and he's performing at the level Akanji was when we signed him. His physical traits are rare. He's still quite young.

People saying he's a liability on the ball? Are you kidding? Just say you only watched him against Man City and move on. He attempts nearly 100 passes per match, completes 93% of those. He has 7.09 progressive passes per 90, ranking him in 99th percentile of big 5 leagues. He's one of the worlds best passing defenders. Also, his progressive carries stat is 93rd percentile.

Akanji attempts slightly less passes, but completes ~same amount, has 5.53 carries per 90, and is 97th percentile in progressive carries. They are spitting images of each other at this stage, but Upa has plenty room to grow based off his physicals. Yes he's a bit rash and mistake prone, but that's less of an issue at RB than CB. Should mature with age.

Think he could excel under Pep. Walker is not the man he once was, unfortunately.

You're his agent aren't you?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.