It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

You lot are so closed-minded lol. Seems like everyone here is extremely ill-informed on Upa's quality. If you've only watched him play five times, then maybe refrain from commenting? His direct comparison is Akanji, and he's performing at the level Akanji was when we signed him. His physical traits are rare. He's still quite young.

People saying he's a liability on the ball? Are you kidding? Just say you only watched him against Man City and move on. He attempts nearly 100 passes per match, completes 93% of those. He has 7.09 progressive passes per 90, ranking him in 99th percentile of big 5 leagues. He's one of the worlds best passing defenders. Also, his progressive carries stat is 93rd percentile.

Akanji attempts slightly less passes, but completes ~same amount, has 5.53 carries per 90, and is 97th percentile in progressive carries. They are spitting images of each other at this stage, but Upa has plenty room to grow based off his physicals. Yes he's a bit rash and mistake prone, but that's less of an issue at RB than CB. Should mature with age.

Think he could excel under Pep. Walker is not the man he once was, unfortunately.
Close-minded or just using my eyes when watching football?

Every single time ive watched him hes been turned inside out, granted that is against the very best players so I am sure he will dominate Che Adams if he came to the prem ill give you that.

Absolutely no guarantee he will get less rash or mistake prone with age.

I just don't understand why of all the positions that we need strengthening you are suggesting a 50m+ 25yr old CB. We already have three excellent CBs who are world class ball carriers and passers (and defenders) but you want to buy another?

Every single time ive watched him hes been turned inside out, granted that is against the very best players so I am sure he will dominate Che Adams if he came to the prem ill give you that.

I just don't understand why of all the positions that we need strengthening you are suggesting a 50m+ 25yr old CB. We already have three excellent CBs who are world class ball carriers and passers (and defenders) but you want to buy another?
We have 5 excellent CBs, only Dias is not excellent ball carrier

I think we will sign a fb, Kadioglu has grown on me this Euro’s

Yes, as right back. Not a center back. Wouldn't play him CB ever. Like Kounde. And I mean 55m euros. Not pounds.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.