It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

I’m dying for a 130m musiala move- not just because he’s great, but almost more so to piss the prem off. Bringing these rules in to stop city and in fact city are the only club really not affected by PSR it seems. Rags are spending but by all accounts they are right on the brim with PSR.
I'd hope that as a club, we're far more composed than to just throw 130m at a player for shits & giggles, because it would "piss the Prem off". Completely the wrong motivation.

It would impact what finances we've got for other deals and inflate prices for other players we may go for as we'd be seen as Moneybags City, willing to spend whatever it takes regardless.

If we think Musiala is worth 130m and it would be the right investment then I'm sure we'd do it if we could. But we are shrewd operators who pay what WE think a player is worth, not necessarily whatever it would take to get a deal done.

Just had a look back and 17/18 when we bought in Ederson, Bernardo, Mendy, Walker and Laporte (though he might have been winter window if memory serves). Feels like with the age of the squad and certain players borderline on their way, it’s ready for a big window at some point.

Since then, our summer windows have seen us sign (senior/first team players):

1 player - Mahrez
2 players - rodri, cancelo
1 player - Grealish
5 players - haaland Phillips alvarez ortega akanji
4 players - Kovacic gvardiol nunes doku

And last summer was 4 because we had Laporte Mahrez and Gundo leave.

The 5 was when we lost fernandinho, sterking, jesus, zinchenko.

Think we are more likely to do a return to 'quiet' summer business of maybe 2 players, as opposed to 4/5. Unless players other than phillips/cancelo leave unexpectedly.

Last edited:
One thing from this transfer window we can take. Players now see Girona as a path to City , the Savio transfer could be massive in terms of attracting young talent to Girona to give them a chance to get to City. Gives City a platform to see young talent in a top league as well

I predict by the end of transfer windows, there alot people will pisses off that the club is not signing the player they think we need right now. Until next year when season closes and we will win atleast 1 major throphy like PL again.

The cycle will start again next season when transfers window opened again, rinse and repeat like it's broken record at this point.

Last edited:
I will repeat what I posted in the United thread, if we had signed zirkzee and yoro and were linked to the calibre of player they are after, we'd all be saying what a bang average window we were having. Our standards are just higher than theirs

Exactly right. Who are those two clowns, they’re like the sort of signings Southampton or Palace would make that you wouldn’t even bother reading about on bbc football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.