It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Honestly Kovacic can’t. Our record without Rodri is worrying. We played three games in the prem last season without him and lost all 3 we had zero midfield control. If Rodri gets injured we are in trouble. I’d even say we go from title to top 4 fight.

Rodri is the best player in the world and the most crucial one for us. We need desperately a midfielder who’s similar to Rodri maybe a 6/7 out of ten with the same abilities as Rodri , breaking up play , interception, playing out. just so Rodri can get rest. We tried Kovacic and lost all 3 games.
The rest of the squad need to have a good look at themselves if they can't play without their hand being held by Rodri each week, its embarassing to suggest that a squad with the players we have would be a top 4 fight without one person. Rodri was banned and it just coincided with a few shit results, it happens.

Kovacic is the best 6/7 out of 10 your going to get that can break up play, carry the ball and has the experience and nous to win games.

We have great squad already, the best in the world.

---------------------------Ederson / Ortega-------------------------------
----------------Walker/Rico-----Ruben-------------Ake/Guardiol----------
-----------------------John / Akanji------Rodri / Kovacic--------------------
Bernie/Savio---KDB / Bobb / Macatee-------Foden / Matheus ---Jack / Doku
----------------------------Haaland / Alvarez----------------------------------

What we lack is Rodri's cover, but as I understand club wants to use the resource of Matheus, Kovacic & Bernie.

Last season problem was that we didn't have enough players to cover RW position after Mahrez & Palmer's exit, therefore Bernardo's resource was mainly used as a RW. But this season we have Savio, plus Pep says that wants to keep Macatee in the squad, which means that we have 4 midfield players in Rodri, Kova, Matheus and Bernie...

People talk about Wharton and forget that we already have generational talent in Jacob Wright, who is 19 already.

So a lot of options and nothing to worry about.

We have great squad already, the best in the world.

---------------------------Ederson / Ortega-------------------------------
----------------Walker/Rico-----Ruben-------------Ake/Guardiol----------
-----------------------John / Akanji------Rodri / Kovacic--------------------
Bernie/Savio---KDB / Bobb / Macatee-------Foden / Matheus ---Jack / Doku
----------------------------Haaland / Alvarez----------------------------------

What we lack is Rodri's cover, but as I understand club wants to use the resource of Matheus, Kovacic & Bernie.

Last season problem was that we didn't have enough players to cover RW position after Mahrez & Palmer's exit, therefore Bernardo's resource was mainly used as a RW. But this season we have Savio, plus Pep says that wants to keep Macatee in the squad, which means that we have 4 midfield players in Rodri, Kova, Matheus and Bernie...

People talk about Wharton and forget that we already have generational talent in Jacob Wright, who is 19 already.

So a lot of options and nothing to worry about.

If we went into a game with our forward 6 being:

Grealish Alvarez Savio

Nunes Kovecic Bernardo

We don’t win that game. Or we score 1 at most.

Just writing names down saying how great we are doesn’t mean much.

While i partially agree with the rodri argument and completely understand how important he is to us i think the idea that we cannot win without him as a bit of a misnomer , obviously people will point to the fact we lost 3 games without him playing but you have to look at those three games, the wolves game we absolutely battered them and they got a winner from a player that should never have been on the pitch, the arsenal game at highbury was always going to be a tough one and the fact is we only lost that one due to a late deflected goal and the villa game where we got absolutely battered by a villa team that were flying at home and beat arsenal at home that same week could always happen and even that took us missing 2 gilt edged chances and them scoring a late goal, so we would definitely need a bigger sample size to say we absolutely cannot win without rodri and while i absolutely dont want a bigger sample size i do think there is solutions both tactically and player wise which will allow us to manage his time better.

If we went into a game with our forward 6 being:

Grealish Alvarez Savio

Nunes Kovecic Bernardo

We don’t win that game. Or we score 1 at most.

Just writing names down saying how great we are doesn’t mean much.
Depending on the game, but that's not true, first there is no reason for us to use that team but even if we did against a lot of teams it's more than capable of scoring more than 1.

Because we are defo wanting another DM/CM and were wanting Paqueta this summer on top of what we had before his betting issues? Let alone it does seem that Alvarez wants to be top dog somewhere which unfortunately cant be here with Erling? Cancelo will go, Phillips at least on loan? Then if Alvarez gets his move another like Olmo or Eze would come in?
You are taking the info from one person and ignoring everything else. There is no suggestion from city sources or our manager that we are getting another dm or a 8, regardless of if we want them (they may not be available)- that’s what city fans want. Phillips and cancelo weren’t there last season so I don’t think they count towards bringing someone in as the squad size is the same as last year without them plus Mcatee is potentially likely to be added and savinho. No one can afford Alvarez by all accounts so don’t get your hopes up there either. It’d only be if he or Kev or walker or nunes goes and all are more likely to stay than not to. So I think the probability is that it’s savingo and that’s it

The term "generational talent" gets thrown about very easily these days. I don't want to downplay Jacob as I'm not overly familiar with him or his ability, but surely if this was the case he'd be in/around the first team already?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.