It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

I have said it before and i will say it again, phillips is not an inherently bad player, his biggest deficiency is that he isnt rodri, rodri is so far and away better than anyone else and i include the 105m rice in that, that you are going to see a noticeable drop off when he doesnt play regardless of who comes in because anyone that is willing to play second fiddle to rodri and even most of those who think they could replace him just simply arent close to his level, we either have to find a different way of playing without rodri or stop destroying those that are put in his replacements when they arent up to his level.

Some people in here need to realize that Rodri is freak of nature and nobody else in this whole freaking world is came close to his ability being DM atm.

What? How have you gone from what’s said above to two more to come in?

Because we are defo wanting another DM/CM and were wanting Paqueta this summer on top of what we had before his betting issues? Let alone it does seem that Alvarez wants to be top dog somewhere which unfortunately cant be here with Erling? Cancelo will go, Phillips at least on loan? Then if Alvarez gets his move another like Olmo or Eze would come in?

I have said it before and i will say it again, phillips is not an inherently bad player, his biggest deficiency is that he isnt rodri, rodri is so far and away better than anyone else and i include the 105m rice in that, that you are going to see a noticeable drop off when he doesnt play regardless of who comes in because anyone that is willing to play second fiddle to rodri and even most of those who think they could replace him just simply arent close to his level, we either have to find a different way of playing without rodri or stop destroying those that are put in his replacements when they arent up to his level.
Phillips not being a patch on Rodri isn't the the problem I'm afraid. As you say, anyone expecting him to do even some of what Rodri does is deluded. Some of his performances have been woeful with him completely lost as to his role. He just isn't right for us.

Phillips not being a patch on Rodri isn't the the problem I'm afraid. As you say, anyone expecting him to do even some of what Rodri does is deluded. Some of his performances have been woeful with him completely lost as to his role. He just isn't right for us.

You are not going to be happy in any of his potential replacements in the market, mark my words.

We just need to be patient as fans
It was like when Sergio went, we didn’t get Kane and eventually got Erling
Maybe we want a Wharton next summer and think we can make do this season. Personally I think that’s a massive massive risk but what do I know
Totally agree Blue. My only concern is we look like we are running on empty at times. For me that also means good chunks of the Treble season as well.

We're in a good position, let's not overlook that. Kovacic can step in for Rodri on occasion. Yes he's not Rodri, but nobody is. Challenge is to find a different way to win when he is not there as last season that was notably missing.

I'd love another midfielder too, Guimares or Kimmich would be amazing, but again they're not Rodri and we'd have to find a way to play and win with them, in a team with or without Rodri. Could also 'unlock' Rodri to get even further forward, but he does ok for assists and goals as it is doesn't he!

Nunes is make or break. Has to show something now this season. But that key creativity of Kevin, Foden, Grealish, Silva, Doku, if that doesn't change then with Haaland and Alvarez up front we're always going to have a good chance. Pair that with two defenders selected in the best eleven for the euros, left back solved again without a left back, and a Jonny Boulders who got through the whole Euro tournament playing every game without setback, and we have a solid backline too.

Let the rest panic. We know where it's at, they're the ones playing catch-up. Could it be the season it all falls down? Yes, definitely. But that will be because of injuries or the wrong mentality, not because we didn't sign a certain player. Five in a row is impossible, they say. Well, game on.

But the one I wanted us to get above all others now was Wirtz, but you have to respect the player and his club's wishes and sound like he's adamant he's not moving now. The worry is that in twelve months, especially if Pep doesn't extend, it's harder to get him maybe and Vinny will do us dirty and take him to Munich.

You are not going to be happy in any of his potential replacements in the market, mark my words.
I think you've missed my point. I'm in the Rodri "is a one off" camp, and fully understand no one can match his qualities and style. I never expected Phillips to do what Rodri did, but he just isn't for us in any aspect really.

We're in a good position, let's not overlook that. Kovacic can step in for Rodri on occasion. Yes he's not Rodri, but nobody is. Challenge is to find a different way to win when he is not there as last season that was notably missing.

I'd love another midfielder too, Guimares or Kimmich would be amazing, but again they're not Rodri and we'd have to find a way to play and win with them, in a team with or without Rodri. Could also 'unlock' Rodri to get even further forward, but he does ok for assists and goals as it is doesn't he!

Nunes is make or break. Has to show something now this season. But that key creativity of Kevin, Foden, Grealish, Silva, Doku, if that doesn't change then with Haaland and Alvarez up front we're always going to have a good chance. Pair that with two defenders selected in the best eleven for the euros, left back solved again without a left back, and a Jonny Boulders who got through the whole Euro tournament playing every game without setback, and we have a solid backline too.

Let the rest panic. We know where it's at, they're the ones playing catch-up. Could it be the season it all falls down? Yes, definitely. But that will be because of injuries or the wrong mentality, not because we didn't sign a certain player. Five in a row is impossible, they say. Well, game on.

But the one I wanted us to get above all others now was Wirtz, but you have to respect the player and his club's wishes and sound like he's adamant he's not moving now. The worry is that in twelve months, especially if Pep doesn't extend, it's harder to get him maybe and Vinny will do us dirty and take him to Munich.

Bruno G is the guy!

Rodri or Phillips? I hope to God you mean Rodri...

Phillips may have been a good player before he came to us but his heads gone a long time back, my dog would do a better job than him at this time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.