It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Sneaking suspicion that if Pep signs a 2 year contract extension he gets a signing on gift in January and a chunk next summer. It not, the new manager gets a very nice war chest.

Market is very weird for everyone, though.

I'm as happy as anyone about how the club has been run, but I do have this voice in my head that unless Nunes does something at some point you pay a price for signing two pretty expensive midfield duds.

We’ve been guilty of buying cheap and buying twice. We didn’t need stocking fillers. McAtee could’ve been kept last season.
Instead of Kovacic and Nunes, should’ve just bought one elite starter.
The focus is on raking in the profits by selling all the academy players. It’s just odd.
Might still win the league, but no one can say this is the best squad of the Pep era, so therefore we are going backwards.

A bit of a head scratcher this window. We have one absolutely essential purchase needed, a midfielder that can play 6 or 8 and able to give Rodri some rest. So far outside of Guimaraes there’s been no other player really linked. For me that is absolutely crucial for next season. Rodri was flogged last season and was really suffering in the Euros. A bad injury to him next season and our season is in deep trouble.

I know people will say Kovacic can do that but the evidence so far is that defensively he’s not quite up to it though he’s excellent at keeping the ball and a great man to take the sting out of the game late on.

The problem for me is we have bought 2 poor midfielders in Philips and Nunes, neither have shown enough. Philips can’t play 6 and even hides when there. Nunes offers good dribbling skills and carries the ball forward well but offers nothing else in attack, his passing and shooting are woeful. They are both part of the squad but offer nothing to it.

Also frustrating that we have a couple of key players potentially leaving in Ederson and Alvarez. Both will need replacing in some capacity.

The fact that City have plugged any leaks means we are completely in the dark as to what we may or may not be doing this window.

A bit of a head scratcher this window. We have one absolutely essential purchase needed, a midfielder that can play 6 or 8 and able to give Rodri some rest. So far outside of Guimaraes there’s been no other player really linked. For me that is absolutely crucial for next season. Rodri was flogged last season and was really suffering in the Euros. A bad injury to him next season and our season is in deep trouble.

I know people will say Kovacic can do that but the evidence so far is that defensively he’s not quite up to it though he’s excellent at keeping the ball and a great man to take the sting out of the game late on.

The problem for me is we have bought 2 poor midfielders in Philips and Nunes, neither have shown enough. Philips can’t play 6 and even hides when there. Nunes offers good dribbling skills and carries the ball forward well but offers nothing else in attack, his passing and shooting are woeful. They are both part of the squad but offer nothing to it.

Also frustrating that we have a couple of key players potentially leaving in Ederson and Alvarez. Both will need replacing in some capacity.

The fact that City have plugged any leaks means we are completely in the dark as to what we may or may not be doing this window.

The club are really struggling with this DM/CM position arent they?

Am starting to be on the one hand, concerned about lack of concrete links and on the other, really impressed with the lack of gossip emanating from the club. As long as things are sorted by close of window… let’s see

Am starting to be on the one hand, concerned about lack of concrete links and on the other, really impressed with the lack of gossip emanating from the club. As long as things are sorted by close of window… let’s see
I'm actually becoming less concerned as the window goes on, if we don't lose anyone and get nobody else in think it will be because that's what we want not because we can't or won't, so I'm fine with that.

I think it's why we are suing the EPL clowns

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.