It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

despite the trophies we have won it annoys me we only have Phil as a first team starter. Arsenal and Liverpool seem to have brought more in and are not too far away from competing.
Palace and the Rags put their faith in youth to good affect.
Maybe letting Cole Palmer slip through the net has annoyed the owners.
Let’s get Rico and Ocar bedded in and bring the next batch through.
We must have a youth keeper to step up. It’s not like we have only just started playing out from the back.
I’d settle for a dry season if we bed in a couple more youths

I'm surprised that people thought we were going to be really active this summer. In all likelihood, this is Pep's last season, and you don't bring in a lot of new players when a new manager is likely coming in next season. I imagine we'll go for a possession-based manager, but still, they might view a player differently than Pep or Txiki. And I know Pep says transfers are solely down to Txiki, and he's not involved, but we all don't believe that, do we? Pep certainly gives his input.

I agree. Where is the Rodri backup? Surely, Rodri won't be fully ready till about September. We knew we needed one for months. Then, we have the Ederson situation That should have been resolved in June. Also, tell Atletico to pay up or fuck off, because we cant have it dragging. At the moment, we don't have enough decisiveness and assertiveness. That's how I see it. Remember when we got the likes of Julian, Ortega and Haaland early? It resulted in a treble. This time, we seem weirdly indifferent.

despite the trophies we have won it annoys me we only have Phil as a first team starter. Arsenal and Liverpool seem to have brought more in and are not too far away from competing.
We must have a youth keeper to step up. It’s not like we have only just started playing out from the back.
One starter, 2 bench and 2-3 more in the squad training is about the best you're gonna get. Peps' demands are just higher. Arsenal and Liverpool might seem to have more but whos a starter from the academy Trent/Saka?

I'm of the opinion if they are good enough they'll get in the team. I don't want youth team players in there just for the sake of it. However I do agree instead of buying squad fillers who barley play any minutes we could have played academy players and we'd be no worse off.

Cole Palmer aside City have done pretty well in not letting too many elite players from the academy slip through the net.

I agree. Where is the Rodri backup? Surely, Rodri won't be fully ready till about September. We knew we needed one for months. Then, we have the Ederson situation That should have been resolved in June. Also, tell Atletico to pay up or fuck off, because we cant have it dragging. At the moment, we don't have enough decisiveness and assertiveness. That's how I see it. Remember when we got the likes of Julian, Ortega and Haaland early? It resulted in a treble. This time, we seem weirdly indifferent.

Maybe they’ve all got a bit bored now and aren’t arsed about competing. Either that or they have a plan and know what they’re doing. Take your choice.

i mean... last season was the same situation pretty much, we dragged out almost every deal to august, but in some degree it paid off by not getting paqueta, quick shout out to txiki by pulling off last minute! can we at least hold out until august before starting panicking, personally i'm ready to jump in that boat next week if anything!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.