It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

When Pep publicly stated Kyle was not up to playing this new role that Stones has taken to so well, for me that was the end for him long term. Still think he has a part to play this season, but come the summer i think he'll be off.
Until Stones gets injured like he often does.
Walker is exceptional and ideal to cover the break away / long ball tactics

You’re misquoting Pep mate.
What he said was that Kyle wasn’t right for the stepping into midfield role that Stones can play, so not the man for one particular tactical set up.
He also emphasised that other players couldn’t do what Kyle can do.
So the Pep message was that Kyle not playing was due to the tactics employed but that Kyle was the best we have for other tactical set ups.
You have noted that other players get dropped for tactical reasons (Bernardo, Mahrez, Foden or others etc. at various junctures) but that doesn’t make them either shite or excess to requirements does it?

Not having a pop at you Willip (you’re due your view - it’s a forum innit) but I must say that I’m baffled by those posters so keen to slag off a player who has been a magnificent servant to this club, a player who remains the best we have for many set ups and who only sits on the bench due to a current tactical ploy that may not be employed against all opponents for obvious reasons.
Yeah i get what you're saying, and to be clear i'm in no way slagging Walker off and think he's been immense for us over the last 5/6 years. Would happily see him stay another few years as he gives us something i doubt any other full back in word football gives. From memory though, when Pep so publicly speaks about a player negatively, its because he isn't happy about something with that player.

i know its probably media bollocks but i assume he`s as happy to join City as he would be to join the dippers? @tolmie's hairdoo

It's made up bollocks, full stop.

He could quite openly state he would never join a club like City, drive down the price and leave the way open for his supposed desire join Liverpool.

He hasn't for one good reason. Liverpool has never been his first choice and he asked us to do this deal months back.

Yeah i get what you're saying, and to be clear i'm in no way slagging Walker off and think he's been immense for us over the last 5/6 years. Would happily see him stay another few years as he gives us something i doubt any other full back in word football gives. From memory though, when Pep so publicly speaks about a player negatively, its because he isn't happy about something with that player.

It wasn’t a ‘leak to the media to distance the club from Kyle‘ or whatever, in fact Pep didn’t even bring the topic up.
He was in a pre match presser responding to a journo who was suggesting that Kyle was dropped because he got his todger out.
Pep put him right by emphasising that it was nowt to do with his todger, that Kyle was only dropped because of a tactic currently employed and that Kyle remained the best we have at what he can do etc.
The journo’s did what journo’s by running deliberately blinkered shit-stirring click-bait headlines saying that Kyle wasn’t good enough to play for us and some of our supporters (can only be some of those who don’t bother watch the pressers) have taken that out of context click-bait and tried to use it to beat one of our own with.

It’s bollox, Pep didn’t say it, didn’t allude to it, took pains to describe clearly that it was not the case . . . and hence my frustration that some seemingly malicious dinks (not you personally btw) are still repeating it as if it were true.

It's made up bollocks, full stop.

He could quite openly state he would never join a club like City, drive down the price and leave the way open for his supposed desire join Liverpool.

He hasn't for one good reason. Liverpool has never been his first choice and he asked us to do this deal months back.
You think Walker will leave Tolm? Would that mean buying another RB or do u think we'll stick with Rico & Stones, Akanji?

You think Walker will leave Tolm? Would that mean buying another RB or do u think we'll stick with Rico & Stones, Akanji?

I suppose we could pay up his final year or ask for a token fee which allows him to join Sheffield United.

If the Milan interest is firm, then we can probably still ask a few quid, knowing he would probably jump at such a move.

Think he would be immense in Serie A.

If we do the Treble in these next few weeks, I expect it to have a direct influence on a few players, in terms of deciding to leave at the pinnacle.

You’re misquoting Pep mate.
What he said was that Kyle wasn’t right for the stepping into midfield role that Stones can play, so not the man for one particular tactical set up.
He also emphasised that other players couldn’t do what Kyle can do.
So the Pep message was that Kyle not playing was due to the tactics employed but that Kyle was the best we have for other tactical set ups.
You have noted that other players get dropped for tactical reasons (Bernardo, Mahrez, Foden or others etc. at various junctures) but that doesn’t make them either shite or excess to requirements does it?

Not having a pop at you Willip (you’re due your view - it’s a forum innit) but I must say that I’m baffled by those posters so keen to slag off a player who has been a magnificent servant to this club, a player who remains the best we have for many set ups and who only sits on the bench due to a current tactical ploy that may not be employed against all opponents for obvious reasons.
Even at 32, I can't think of a better right back on the planet. As you correctly corrected, Pep essentially said Walker wasn't dropped, he was out for tactical reasons, but he's still the best at what he does as he continues to prove.

It beggars belief we have fans wanting to dispense with him, whilst he's still performing at the top of his game. Walker can easily keep doing what he's doing for another couple of seasons easy.

All because he showed some woman his willy! :-/

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.