It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

While Kyle has the physicality to cope with Martinelli and Vinicius, he is less able to deprive them of the ball. This is the decision to be made. Personally, if Ake is fit, I would be playing that back four of Stones, Akanji, Dias and Ake, with John shifting into midfield while we are in possession.

I don’t think keep Kyle Walker until we need him is something that will happen. I guarantee he wants to be playing week in week out whether is a flat back 4 or this new system. I suspect if Pep doesn’t think he can work in it and that’s the way we want to play going forward the club will move him on because they will know how he feels about playing time.

It’s just what offer works for us. AC is an odd one the Villa link makes more sense.

I think the harwood bellis, mcatee and Doyle loans have proved that this is the way forward now for us.
Then You have players like Lavia playing very well on premier league.
These players need to be playing to either see if they can cut it or get value to sell them
Coke palmer would have benefitted from the same I’m sure
Any academy player watching those guys will want the same
Coke Palmer eh?
Probably skunk Palmer id say, one laid back character is Cole!

Come on now.

The bigger stretch is denying that someone in the conversation for the best right back in the Premier League era qualifies as an exceptional footballer. He's got the career and medals to show for it.
He's got an exceptional medal total when you factor in the 8 years he spent at spurs with no hope of getting any.

Come on now.

The bigger stretch is denying that someone in the conversation for the best right back in the Premier League era qualifies as an exceptional footballer. He's got the career and medals to show for it.
He stalls most of our attacking impetus on the right, slowing things right down. Poor control and an equally poor footballing brain. We have had his best years.

When Pep publicly stated Kyle was not up to playing this new role that Stones has taken to so well, for me that was the end for him long term. Still think he has a part to play this season, but come the summer i think he'll be off.

You’re misquoting Pep mate.
What he said was that Kyle wasn’t right for the stepping into midfield role that Stones can play, so not the man for one particular tactical set up.
He also emphasised that other players couldn’t do what Kyle can do.
So the Pep message was that Kyle not playing was due to the tactics employed but that Kyle was the best we have for other tactical set ups.
You have noted that other players get dropped for tactical reasons (Bernardo, Mahrez, Foden or others etc. at various junctures) but that doesn’t make them either shite or excess to requirements does it?

Not having a pop at you Willip (you’re due your view - it’s a forum innit) but I must say that I’m baffled by those posters so keen to slag off a player who has been a magnificent servant to this club, a player who remains the best we have for many set ups and who only sits on the bench due to a current tactical ploy that may not be employed against all opponents for obvious reasons.

You’re misquoting Pep mate.
What he said was that Kyle wasn’t right for the stepping into midfield role that Stones can play, so not the man for one particular tactical set up.
He also emphasised that other players couldn’t do what Kyle can do.
So the Pep message was that Kyle not playing was due to the tactics employed but that Kyle was the best we have for other tactical set ups.
You have noted that other players get dropped for tactical reasons (Bernardo, Mahrez, Foden or others etc. at various junctures) but that doesn’t make them either shite or excess to requirements does it?

Not having a pop at you Willip (you’re due your view - it’s a forum innit) but I must say that I’m baffled by those posters so keen to slag off a player who has been a magnificent servant to this club, a player who remains the best we have for many set ups and who only sits on the bench due to a current tactical ploy that may not be employed against all opponents for obvious reasons.
Great post.
Many fans misled by the media reporting this.
If only the media could understand Pep’s comments this well.

Last edited:
I think an exceptional footballer is stretching it somewhat
I accept we all have different views, first choice England fullback,having seen off Reece James TAA amongst others.
Multiple serial league/cup winner. Rapid and tenacious, I would personally prefer to see him up against Martinelli and Viniscus Junior rather than Akanji

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.