It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

I suppose we could pay up his final year or ask for a token fee which allows him to join Sheffield United.

If the Milan interest is firm, then we can probably still ask a few quid, knowing he would probably jump at such a move.

Think he would be immense in Serie A.

If we do the Treble in these next few weeks, I expect it to have a direct influence on a few players, in terms of deciding to leave at the pinnacle.
This is my fear with Kev to be honest and possibly Pep too. Leave on a high as they say.

I suppose we could pay up his final year or ask for a token fee which allows him to join Sheffield United.

If the Milan interest is firm, then we can probably still ask a few quid, knowing he would probably jump at such a move.

If we do the Treble in these next few weeks, I expect it to have a direct influence on a few players, in terms of deciding to leave at the pinnacle.
Right that’s done it. We need to lose on Wednesday, give the fa cup to the rags and fall apart against Madrid -:)

All joking aside, some players would definitely need to go if we win the treble. Hunger to go again would only be left to the truly elite. A few would want sunnier climate and no pep harassing them 24/7.

It certainly feels that way on a few players - and it’s normal and right that if we do achieve this incredible feat, some will see it as the perfect opportunity to end on a high and try another experience.

It feels like there’s a core we’d want to build the next team around - players like Ederson, John Stones, Ruben Dias, Nathan Ake, Rodri, KDB, Jack, Phil, Julian Alvarez and Erling Haaland. I’m sure we’d all love to see Bernie in that list too, but it seems that one’s outside of our control.

Players like Kyle, Gundo, Riyad and Bernie will probably be phased out over the next 12 months - and others like Kalvin Philips, Sergio Gomez and Cole Palmer, depending on their development.

We need to evolve to keep ahead of the chasing pack, and that means freshening up the squad with talent, whilst losing some of our favourites - but keeping a core in place who know what it takes to win trophies season in, season out.

But let’s actually get this thing over the line first, before we all start getting ahead of ourselves!

Even at 32, I can't think of a better right back on the planet. As you correctly corrected, Pep essentially said Walker wasn't dropped, he was out for tactical reasons, but he's still the best at what he does as he continues to prove.

It beggars belief we have fans wanting to dispense with him, whilst he's still performing at the top of his game. Walker can easily keep doing what he's doing for another couple of seasons easy.

All because he showed some woman his willy! :-/
Think he has lost a yard but agree, keep him for one more year, he’s still worth more to us even in a reduced role for the next 12 months than any small transfer fee we might get. He can then sign for someone else on a free on enhanced terms as a free agent

He stalls most of our attacking impetus on the right, slowing things right down. Poor control and an equally poor footballing brain.

And yet he has played for one of the most tactically demanding managers the game has ever seen, was a crucial part of the best side we've ever had and won four out of five league titles, starting as soon as he joined.

You might not get it, similar to how people still can't wrap their heads around Ederson's importance, but that's not on him and the facts speak for themselves.

And yet he has played for one of the most tactically demanding managers the game has ever seen, was a crucial part of the best side we've ever had and won four out of five league titles, starting as soon as he joined.

You might not get it, similar to how people still can't wrap their heads around Ederson's importance, but that's not on him and the facts speak for themselves.
I've said my views, no point derailing this thread further

I hope we’re doing the deciding. Not them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.