It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Nobody in world football has Ederson's skillset. It's just the way it is, but my word I'm looking forward to the season ahead.

I’d be gutted if this was Kova.

He’s a great player but somebody has to go to bring in Bruno and I think Rico has similar qualities than him so it might give him more development. He was always going to be a short term transfer 2 years max as I thought he would leave after this summer anyway.

There is no player on Earth that is going to sit on the bench whilst having enough ability and trust from Pep to rotate with Rodri, if there was when we would have signed them.

Pep needs to hear Rodri's call himself and work out an alternative option. I am sorry but we don't need to run Rodri into the ground playing 90+ in every single game whilst we have several players sat on the bench who don't even see the pitch. I love Pep but he has a real blindspot over this and can definitely sometimes show a little faith.

KDB replacement is off the table till next summer at least where we potentially have Wirtz and Musiala as an option.
I agree with needing an alternative.....

I dont think its a blindspot of Pep - i think he knows that the alternatives he has in the squad dont work anywhere near well enough which is the point ive been making...

Maybe if we could trust john Stones fitness we could have but we cant turst Stones to be available for more that 2-3 matches on the run.

I know the KDB replacement is off the table.....but I think we will see this season that we do need it more than we think.....He will come out of the blocks firing I have no doubt but at some point he will also start to struggle with the amount of game time he has to play

Plus Mainoo has been a contributing factor in them losing so many matches. Defensively he is piss poor. Lewis understands both defence and attack when he plays for us.
Agree with this entirely.

Too many people (journalists, fans of other clubs etc) just look at isolated parts of a players game to decide if they are good or not. The impact they have on the team is what matters.

Mainoo is part of a side that have been crap since he came into it (and before that also to be fair to him!). Lewis hasn't. Lewis helps the more talented players excel, while Mainoo's being told by everyone that he is the talented player.

The derby at the Etihad, Mainoo played 81 minutes and completed 14 passes. Yes it's partly down to how they play, but it's also just shite. Rico's last midfield appearance for us was in the 4-2 win at Palace in April, he completed 57 passes.

Feels like one of those years where 2/3 incomings and outgoings could happen after the season actually begins.

Think the Ederson situation will rumble on for a good while yet, but I do expect he’ll leave sadly. Presumably we’ll try to buy another midfielder and then one of Kovacic / Nunes will go. Alvarez won’t be back with the squad any time soon, so his intentions may be unclear for now. Phillips, Cancelo will go but could complicate things a bit if we end up having to pay the vast majority of their wages.

Lots of work to be done at some point.

I agree with needing an alternative.....

I dont think its a blindspot of Pep - i think he knows that the alternatives he has in the squad dont work anywhere near well enough which is the point ive been making...

Maybe if we could trust john Stones fitness we could have but we cant turst Stones to be available for more that 2-3 matches on the run.

I know the KDB replacement is off the table.....but I think we will see this season that we do need it more than we think.....He will come out of the blocks firing I have no doubt but at some point he will also start to struggle with the amount of game time he has to play
I don't think his game time is a problem, expecting it to reduce a fair bit. as Foden ,Bernardo, Kovacic and KDB all share that 8 and 10, Mcatee too if he stays.Who knows maybe even Grealish will get a go centrally now we have Bobb, Doku, Savio all available for the wide positions. Thats be before you get into Alvarez, Nunes and from January maybe even Echeverri.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.