It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

But you are looking at it as is mate? It’s plainly obvious that Phillips and Cancelo will be gone, Alvarez looks like he wants out? Rumours of Kovacic and Ederson as well? The club will (or should be) 3 steps ahead of what we know and be proactive rather than reactive? When players leave and we need more the selling club bump the prices further? The fact of according to khaldoon we work a window in advance and we know our targets etc seems fanciful at this point as if the club weren’t prepared to do the Bruno G rerelease clause then we should have moved on ages ago as the price wasn’t going to be cheaper? Savio looks an exciting signing but hardly difficult to do was it? This team will stagnate without fresh hungry blood imo but we shouldn’t be scrambling in late August to do deals that should have been sorted be fore the season starts.
Yes I am looking at it as it is, and taking Pep saying maybe 1 and half players may leave.Ederson probably the most likely so we'd need a keeper. Who the half is don't know if it's Alvarez then doubt anyone pays enough.
I think it's possible he wasn't talking about Phillips and Cancelo. think they are gone one way or another and we'll bring in a body but it won't be Musiala or Wirtz because unless Alvarez goes we don't need that position filled.

The lack of faith you have in our hierarchy is deeply disturbing young Skywalker.

The only think left for Pep to do before he leaves is the Quad? I think if he signs an extension it’s one more year to do the 10 and then gone so why waste it?

Yes I am looking at it as it is, and taking Pep saying maybe 1 and half players may leave.Ederson probably the most likely so we'd need a keeper. Who the half is don't know if it's Alvarez then doubt anyone pays enough.
I think it's possible he wasn't talking about Phillips and Cancelo. think they are gone one way or another and we'll bring in a body but it won't be Musiala or Wirtz because unless Alvarez goes we don't need that position filled.

But my point is even if Alvarez goes the club wouldn’t pay the fee to get a Musiala type anyway?

The only think left for Pep to do before he leaves is the Quad? I think if he signs an extension it’s one more year to do the 10 and then gone so why waste it?

Don't you think for a few seconds that in this very moments our management is trying hard as they can be for Pep?

The club managements in not run by bunch of idiots if that such case why the fuck we achieve absolutely everything in the past six years.

It's a complicated situation. Pep makes us so much more attractive for new players. He's the best in the business. He can work miracles whether we invest heavily or not. But for a lot of people joining City might depend on him being around, and the uncertainty might put them off. The club might also think it's better to hold off investing until there's more certainty either way over his position. They might have a job convincing players to stay once Pep leaves. We've got a huge number who have won the lot, multiple times and are only staying because Pep brings them new motivation. We might feel that we're better keeping money up our sleeve to cover the potential scenario whereby he leaves and a number of players want to move on as well. Get a new manager in and completely back them so they have the best possible start to life, rather than having to invest on a number of new players again to suite someone else. We're not going to have an identical system moving forwards. We'll want a manager of the Pep mould but they all tend to want different personnel.

But my point is even if Alvarez goes the club wouldn’t pay the fee to get a Musiala type anyway?
If we thought we needed Musiala, and he was available we'd pay it. Alvarez if he want's to leave it's because he can't see how he gets enough minutes. That will be the same for whoever we replaced him with. Maybe we'd replace him with a Mcatee. If we don't think players like Lewis,Mcatee ,Bobb, Perrone,have what it takes to make it with us and replace squad players that leave we may as well sell them now, because if we buy to replace every player that leaves then they aren't going to get minutes with us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.