It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Couldn't believe we got £50m for him really. That hat-trick he got against Germany did us wonders.

The fee was completely justified in every way just based on hype alone and it should've been at least that fee too, they wanted the man looking like Spain's best young forward for the national team scoring the goals, as a result they had to pay a premium to sign him off us a team that were reluctant to sell someone seen as a top prospect, they pushed for this transfer and pursued him in an almost stalkerish manner to unsettled him and we held firm for the fee we wanted for him.

A fee we still haven't actually fully received... I'm sure they still owe us money for this transfer and more than this supposed fee they want too, so I'm not sure that the fee they'd want is entirely accurate here even if they definitely want offload him in desperation, it seems a little low but they defo want to appease the debt collectors so they can move for Messi. It's not only Ferran there's rumours they're happy to sell Raphinha as well, if they get a return of the fee they paid Leeds most likely from Newcastle.

If that's true I think it's obvious they're trying to clear the way to give Gavi his pay rise and for a Messi return to generate a major boost in shirt sales, with Raphinha allowed to go for what they paid plus Ferran supposedly this cheap and others too they're trying to balance the books, they're willing to sell most their fringe players if it means the possibility of a Messi return.

Posters claimed that he was sold cheap to Barcelona as our execs where originally there.

All based on the massive hype the fee we got but the fee they paid was justified they wanted him as a statement, due to the Spanish press heralding him as the new golden boy of Spanish football up top.

The fee was completely justified in every way just based on hype alone and it should've been at least that fee too, they wanted the man looking like Spain's best young forward for the national team scoring the goals, as a result they had to pay a premium to sign him off us a team that were reluctant to sell someone seen as a top prospect, they pushed for this transfer and pursued him in an almost stalkerish manner to unsettled him and we held firm for the fee we wanted for him.

A fee we still haven't actually fully received... I'm sure they still owe us money for this transfer and more than this supposed fee they want too, so I'm not sure that the fee they'd want is entirely accurate here even if they definitely want offload him in desperation, it seems a little low but they defo want to appease the debt collectors so they can move for Messi. It's not only Ferran there's rumours they're happy to sell Raphinha as well, if they get a return of the fee they paid Leeds most likely from Newcastle.

If that's true I think it's obvious they're trying to clear the way to give Gavi his pay rise and for a Messi return to generate a major boost in shirt sales, with Raphinha allowed to go for what they paid plus Ferran supposedly this cheap and others too they're trying to balance the books, they're willing to sell most their fringe players if it means the possibility of a Messi return.
I honestly think the Messi to Barça rumours are a deflection. All the signs are Messi will leave PSG this summer, & for romantic reasons Barça are expected to bring him home, but why would they?

They went all out to not extend his contract hence his move to Paris, & they need to fix their club's finances & secure its future.

Messi's their past, plus with the circus that will arrive with him, I fail to see what Barça will gain, or how they'll afford the reputed £40m per season basic he's demanding. \0/

Therein lies the reason the club is a financial mess - signing players based on anything other than ability on the pitch is doomed to end in disappointment.

All they needed to do was watch him - like City fans did - to realise he's nowhere near the required level.

They signed him for €55m 18 months ago on 5.5 yr deal

That means hes worth €40m on books at barcelona.

They will not sell him for a €15m loss.

If they dont want him around its €40m plus or a loan.
Why won't they? They're desperate to bring Messi back, I can see them offloading a lot of players for less than they should.

I'd give him a 12 month extention with a 2-way 12 month option. This will save us having to buy a replacement for him as we step up Lewis's game time & experience.

It makes zero sense allowing Walker to leave for peanuts & replace him with whom? \0/

I wouldn't be in a hurry to get rid of Walker. If he is happy to stay and fight for gametime, knowing it it likely to be less than it used to be.

Quite a few people now seem keen to highlight his weaknesses but, even if he has lost a bit of pace - and he will lose some - he still offers plenty to the team. He also knows how we play.

Buying a replacement could be very expensive.

Lewis may be his long term successor and the current formation of 3 at the back and 1 moving into midfield is well served on the right hand side of the defence without need to bolster it this summer.

I wouldn't be in a hurry to get rid of Walker. If he is happy to stay and fight for gametime, knowing it it likely to be less than it used to be.

Quite a few people now seem keen to highlight his weaknesses but, even if he has lost a bit of pace - and he will lose some - he still offers plenty to the team. He also knows how we play.

Buying a replacement could be very expensive.

Lewis may be his long term successor and the current formation of 3 at the back and 1 moving into midfield is well served on the right hand side of the defence without need to bolster it this summer.
Agreed 100%!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.