It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Maybe we should have paid more attention to what Khaldoon said, ie this was always going to be a very quiet window for us with only 1 or 2 signings. We just couldn't help ourselves, and all the talk of Wirtz, Musiala, Olmo, Bruno, Branthwaite, Sane, Eze, Nunes, Neto, Wharton, Frimpong, etc etc was all a complete waste of badly needed brain cells. I'm guilty, I couldn't help joining in. So it's Savio and Echeveri, let's hope we'll look back one day and say it's one of the best windows ever.
Are we building a cash mountain as a form of resilience, just in case of you know what ?. It would be worrying if every rival was splurging millions and over taking us, which is not the case. I hope Pep has seen enough in McAtee, Perrone and Doyle to believe we just don't need anymore incomings... If we finally off load Cancelo and KP, I'll drink to that...

Last edited:
I don’t understand why we wouldn’t strengthen and buy players good enough to improve us after being run so close by Arsenal last year, not to mention the shit cup final performance and disappointing CL result against Madrid.

We cannot afford to stand still and be complacent. We keep reading how we’re the most valuable PL brand, our high turnover, etc, so why such reticence to improve?

I know last summer someone did a chart that listed our main players with regards foreign slots, academy trained, homegrown etc, has anyone done one or have an idea on how many spots we have filled?

The squad is full. If/when some are shifted I am sure one or two will come in but at the moment the squad is full.
The list is on the squad planning thread in the transfer forum.

I don’t understand why we wouldn’t strengthen and buy players good enough to improve us after being run so close by Arsenal last year, not to mention the shit cup final performance and disappointing CL result against Madrid.

We cannot afford to stand still and be complacent. We keep reading how we’re the most valuable PL brand, our high turnover, etc, so why such reticence to improve?
Who realistically can we buy to improve the first 11? Also what players can we buy to improve the squad that would be happy with a squad role and is also better than what we have??

Gk
Ederson
Ortega
Carson

Defs
Walker
Rico
Akanji
Stones
Dias
Ake
Gvardiol

Midfielders

Rodri
Kovacic
Nunes
Bernardo
Foden
Kdb

 Forwards

Bobb
Savio
Grealish
Doku
Alvarez
Haaland

Who realistically can we buy to improve the first 11? Also what players can we buy to improve the squad that would be happy with a squad role and is also better than what we have??

Gk
Ederson
Ortega
Carson

Defs
Walker
Rico
Akanji
Stones
Dias
Ake
Gvardiol

Midfielders

Rodri
Kovacic
Nunes
Bernardo
Foden
Kdb

 Forwards

Bobb
Savio
Grealish
Doku
Alvarez
Haaland

I’d lbe looking for a new top RB personally, hopefully Walker fancies the Saudi money.

Gk
Ederson
Ortega
Carson

Defs
Walker
Rico
Akanji
Stones
Dias
Ake
Gvardiol

Midfielders

Rodri
Kovacic
Nunes
Bernardo
Foden
Kdb

 Forwards

Bobb
Savio
Grealish
Doku
Alvarez
Haaland
We might add McAtee to the list. Cover for Kev and both Macca and Pep seem to like the idea.

I’d lbe looking for a new top RB personally, hopefully Walker fancies the Saudi money.
I actually think that will be next season might just be a back up right back tho with akanji being first choice rb. I see a big transfer window next summer with potentially 4 big players to replace.

Walker
Stones
Bernardo
Kdb

The squad is full. If/when some are shifted I am sure one or two will come in but at the moment the squad is full.
The list is on the squad planning thread in the transfer forum.
Apparently squad is full but that includes both Kalvin and Cancelo, neither of whom are likely to be here come end of August.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.