It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

The problem with Lewis is he’s 19 but he’s not got bigger physically. Foden adapted, got stronger. The lower sides are physical and would target Lewis in midfield.
As I recall I have seen Lewis targeted physically in a game over the course of the bulk or entire game. I can’t remember the opposition but he acquitted himself very well. That said he didn’t play for a few weeks after. I bet he was black and blue all over his body as he got nothing from the referee. On more than one occasion I’ve seen Lewis get up from tackles that would have injured many. He appears quite robust but he definitely needs some protection from referees he doesn’t currently enjoy.

As I recall I have seen Lewis targeted physically in a game over the course of the bulk or entire game. I can’t remember the opposition but he acquitted himself very well. That said he didn’t play for a few weeks after. I bet he was black and blue all over his body as he got nothing from the referee. On more than one occasion I’ve seen Lewis get up from tackles that would have injured many. He appears quite robust but he definitely needs some protection from referees he doesn’t currently enjoy.
His martial arts training will help. The lad has the heart of a lion - I don't see him letting the opponents take too many liberties.

spurs targeted him at the etihad and battered him, but the lad is a tough nut and just bounces back up , pep went mad at the team for not protecting him

It's because he weighs 60kg. Average weight for a Prem midfielder is 70 to 80kg. He's young but he needs to put on a bit to play midfield. Especially in the prem with how the refs are.

Tottenham if I recall, I think Pep gave the rest of the team a burst at halftime for not looking after him

Lewis is good at passing and connecting, but he needs to improve his long and behind-the-line passes as well as his crosses.

Tottenham if I recall, I think Pep gave the rest of the team a burst at halftime for not looking after him

Yeah it was spurs mate, Pep put a rocket up them all at half time and came out swinging for everyone in his post match interview. Think it was a pivotal moment in the season.

Was really disappointing that our players let Hoijberg kick the shit out of Rico for the entire first half and no one backed him up. Was great that Pep called that out.

Yeah it was spurs mate, Pep put a rocket up them all at half time and came out swinging for everyone in his post match interview. Think it was a pivotal moment in the season.

Was really disappointing that our players let Hoijberg kick the shit out of Rico for the entire first half and no one backed him up. Was great that Pep called that out.
They tried it on foden near the end of last season as well , definitely targeted him

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.