It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

How do you know Pep will bee told to get on with what he's got ? Do you think he has so little influence. If the club or Pep want to buy a CM they will, but there is also a chance they have decided between them they are okay as they are and have plaenty of options.

The phrase 'I can see' indicates it's not a fact mate, but an opinion on what could happen.

Tbh I think there is a simple reason as to why we haven’t done anything in the market: I have just tried to do my starting XI and bench and ended up with the following:

- XI: Ederson, Akanji, Dias, Ake, Gvardiol, Rodri, Kev, Foden, Doku, Bobb and Haaland.

That leaves a 10 man bench of:

- Ortega, Walker, Rico, Stones, Kovacic, Nunes, Grealish, Savio, Alvarez, Bernardo.

That’s with no Mcatee even in the squad btw and a max of only 5 subs.

How the hell do people on here want more than that- who doesn’t start and who gets very few minutes. the only way kova gets minutes this season is for Rodri, as there are too many attacking midfielders in his way to take their places. I understand it would be idea to have a more suitable Rodri deputy but without one of the actual squad above going there is just no room. We all know pep doesn’t want a big squad and we also know that keeping the camp happy is crucial.

Lastly, I think for those worrying that it needs to be kept fresh that a consideration for how competitive it will be for starting places in the winger positions and attacking midfielder positions for example will keep it fresh and all the players at their best.
The Rodri thing is tricky, but if we can control the games when Rodri is rested then we will be okay. It's only when we can't control it ,injuries or Rodri getting himself sent off it becomes an issue.gee with the rest though unless people leave we are short of room.

The Rodri thing is tricky, but if we can control the games when Rodri is rested then we will be okay. It's only when we can't control it ,injuries or Rodri getting himself sent off it becomes an issue.gee with the rest though unless people leave we are short of room.

I'm sure Pep will work something given the squad have right now like he always does, maybe some player will surprise us like Gvardiol for example being able to play as DM to lessen Rodri burden. who knows.

If we can’t get players out then so be it but I feel with an injection of fresh hungry players in certain areas like RB and DM/CM then we may suffer next season

I'm sure Pep will work something given the squad have right now like he always does, maybe some player will surprise us like Gvardiol for example being able to play as DM to lessen Rodri burden. who knows.

Now that kovacic is bedded in I don't see why a double pivot of kovacic and Lewis wouldn't be effective against lower half sides.

Now that kovacic is bedded in I don't see why a double pivot of kovacic and Lewis wouldn't be effective against lower half sides.

Good on the ball, not so sure about off it. You'd also have to compensate and have a CB push up on their goalkicks etc as that duo isn't winning anything in the air.

The problem with Lewis is he’s 19 but he’s not got bigger physically. Foden adapted, got stronger. The lower sides are physical and would target Lewis in midfield.

The problem with Lewis is he’s 19 but he’s not got bigger physically. Foden adapted, got stronger. The lower sides are physical and would target Lewis in midfield.
They did last night. They tried it on with a few of them, James, O'Rielly, Hamilton were all hit with non friendly type late tackles. Thought the ref was poor. Of course it's all part of the process. :-)

foden is older and naturally became stronger. The same will happen with lewis. It’s not as if he’s easily pushed of the ball either

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.