It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

You seem to get shouted down on here for pointing out the obvious.

Something is going on, what we don’t know is what.

Saving money in case Pep goes
Saving money in case charges go against us
Feel can attract better players once charges are gone.
Saving money as some big players due to leave soon and replacements will be expensive.

I have felt for awhile we have seemed a bit scared to flex due to all the negativity.

Our net spend could well end up being positive and over last 5 years lower then all our competitors.

Others will say it’s just not losing anyone, youth, Savio etc. But I think in an ideal world there is a refresh.

But there does seem more to it.

One thing is for certain the club get a lot right, so whatever is behind this

Arsenal seemingly signing Merino, after adding Calafiori - decent additions there. Wonder if they will still be looking at Gyokeres after that expenditure as well
None of them see the first 11 at City. Not even close...

Saving money as some big players due to leave soon and replacements will be expensive.

I have felt for awhile we have seemed a bit scared to flex due to all the negativity.

Our net spend could well end up being positive and over last 5 years lower then all our competitors.

Others will say it’s just not losing anyone, youth, Savio etc. But I think in an ideal world there is a refresh.

Its very difficult to improve our team.
Our fantastic youth policy is providing great young players coming through with big sales fees plus players like Bobb, O' Reilly, McAtee etc. in the pipeline. We are at the top of the Premier league and competing with Europe's best

Mock first XI:
- - - - - - - - Ederson - - - - - - - -
Walker - Dias - Akanji - Gvardiol
- - - - - - Rodri - - - Kova - - - - -
- - Bernie - - - KDB - - - Phil - -
- - - - - - - - Haaland - - - - - - - -
Bench (9 spots): Ortega, Stones, Ake, Rico, Nunes, Bobb, Doku, Grealish, Alvarez

You buy a player you knock a player out. Do you knock out a youth player? Do you put a £60mil player like Nunes in the bench? Savio is already on the bench in this scenario, we putting him in for Bobb? Do we buy a CM while we can't shift Phillips (tbf imo yes)

That's also not including McAtee, Perrone, Doyle, O'Reilly, Susoho as the youth who could step up like Rico/Bobb have

Just because we have money doesn't mean we should spend it. We have a godly team we don't need to "flex" we aren't Real

Sure if we sold a Benrardo, Grealish, De Bruyne we'd be getting a big expensive replacement but u till we do the spots just aren't really there (again unless you wanna drop our best youth prospects )

Mock first XI:
Bench (9 spots): Ortega, Stones, Ake, Rico, Nunes, Bobb, Doku, Grealish, Alvarez

You buy a player you knock a player out. Do you knock out a youth player? Do you put a £60mil player like Nunes in the bench? Savio is already on the bench in this scenario, we putting him in for Bobb? Do we buy a CM while we can't shift Phillips (tbf imo yes)

That's also not including McAtee, Perrone, Doyle, O'Reilly, Susoho as the youth who could step up like Rico/Bobb have

Just because we have money doesn't mean we should spend it. We have a godly team we don't need to "flex" we aren't Real

Sure if we sold a Benrardo, Grealish, De Bruyne we'd be getting a big expensive replacement but u till we do the spots just aren't really there (again unless you wanna drop our best youth prospects )

Prefer:

Ederson
Akanji
Stones
Dias
Gvardiol
Rodri
Bernardo Silva
De Bruyne
Foden
Grealish
Haaland

;-)

Mock first XI:

I think there are two really clear weaker points.

- RB/CB: Walker had a bad last season, he had a poor Euro, and he is old. Rico doesn't have the defensive skills and athleticism to be our starting RB. Akanji could do it, but then we have very little depth in the defense (especially with Stones being a roulette with his injuries).

- A 6/8: Kovacic is really good, but a starter for our team? I don't know (and I love Kovacic and defended him since he arrived). Bernardo had his worst season, and a poor Euro (and this is probably his last season anyway) and Nunez I think is just not at our level.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.