It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

You seem to get shouted down on here for pointing out the obvious.

Something is going on, what we don’t know is what.

Saving money in case Pep goes
Saving money in case charges go against us
Feel can attract better players once charges are gone.
Saving money as some big players due to leave soon and replacements will be expensive.

I have felt for awhile we have seemed a bit scared to flex due to all the negativity.

Our net spend could well end up being positive and over last 5 years lower then all our competitors.

Others will say it’s just not losing anyone, youth, Savio etc. But I think in an ideal world there is a refresh.

But there does seem more to it.

One thing is for certain the club get a lot right, so whatever is behind this
You missed the club are happy with the squad- the obvious and more likely true one, as the club keep briefing that through the manager and the media. Just because you and others on here think we need more doesn’t mean pep and the management do. There are so many decisions that we have made over the years that people on here haven’t agreed with, yet we’ve won four in a row, 6 in 7 and a treble

I think there are two really clear weaker points.

- RB/CB: Walker had a bad last season, he had a poor Euro, and he is old. Rico doesn't have the defensive skills and athleticism to be our starting RB. Akanji could do it, but then we have very little depth in the defense (especially with Stones being a roulette with his injuries).

- A 6/8: Kovacic is really good, but a starter for our team? I don't know (and I love Kovacic and defended him since he arrived). Bernardo had his worst season, and a poor Euro (and this is probably his last season anyway) and Nunez I think is just not at our level.
You are ignoring the point. Where does kova and walker your weak points go? Do they sit out of the squad or do they take someone else’s on the bench? But then who drops out of the squad. Keeping the squad happy is just as important as the quality when you already have a squad of such high quality. Why can no one understand this

You are ignoring the point. Where does kova and walker your weak points go? Do they sit out of the squad or do they take someone else’s on the bench? But then who drops out of the squad. Keeping the squad happy is just as important as the quality when you already have a squad of such high quality. Why can no one understand this
Indeed.

In reality the only player we have lost is Sergio Gomez and we've brought 2 players in - Savio and McAtee (back from loan), so the overall squad is stronger. Those 2 players are also forward players which allows us to drop Bernardo more centrally which gives us more depth in midfield.

The likes of Bobb, Rico and Nunes will want more minutes, KDB will play more minutes for sure, so right now I'm not sure where any new signing fits unless someone leaves. Pep doesn't like big squads so he'll be content.

I suspect it'll be next summer when we make more considerable changes with the likes of KDB and Walker another year on and out of contract.

The issues we have are finding buyers for both Phillips and Cancelo

If they go we either promote from within or replace but easier said than done in selling either

More than likely loans again for both

If either Eddy or Alvarez leave, hope not then, we would surely look at replacing

Looking round PL and not that much really catching the eye and new Sustainability rules on spending having a big effect

The issues we have are finding buyers for both Phillips and Cancelo

If they go we either promote from within or replace but easier said than done in selling either

More than likely loans again for both

If either Eddy or Alvarez leave, hope not then, we would surely look at replacing

Looking round PL and not that much really catching the eye and new Sustainability rules on spending having a big effect
I still personally think clubs can spend but are hiding behind the rules to not spend. Clubs can dish out less money and use PSR as the reason.
Has a monopoly impact because if your rivals aren’t significantly improving, why should you?

I think there are two really clear weaker points.

- RB/CB: Walker had a bad last season, he had a poor Euro, and he is old. Rico doesn't have the defensive skills and athleticism to be our starting RB. Akanji could do it, but then we have very little depth in the defense (especially with Stones being a roulette with his injuries).

- A 6/8: Kovacic is really good, but a starter for our team? I don't know (and I love Kovacic and defended him since he arrived). Bernardo had his worst season, and a poor Euro (and this is probably his last season anyway) and Nunez I think is just not at our level.
As JWCH-99 said, you've missed the point

Who from the bench/first XI are you dropping, or are you selling players who have no interest in them?

You wanna sell Kovacic or Walker (our captain), or Nunes at a huge loss? Or you dropping Nunes & Rico off the bench?

You're trying to buy players when there isn't need or space

Savio (+ Bobb being used more) is us trying to refresh the squad

As JWCH-99 said, you've missed the point

Who from the bench/first XI are you dropping, or are you selling players who have no interest in them?

You wanna sell Kovacic or Walker (our captain), or Nunes at a huge loss? Or you dropping Nunes & Rico off the bench?

You're trying to buy players when there isn't need or space

Savio (+ Bobb being used more) is us trying to refresh the squad

I still think Walker will take the Saudi offer and Mendes will be spinning plates for Nunes if we have confirmed he can go.

I still think Walker will take the Saudi offer and Mendes will be spinning plates for Nunes if we have confirmed he can go.
Yea, Walker saga would be nice if it was done sooner that later. I think that most likely he will stay, nothing so far suggests that he will go there. But with all the alimony payments that would be logical step to go to KSA

Yea, Walker saga would be nice if it was done sooner that later. I think that most likely he will stay, nothing so far suggests that he will go there. But with all the alimony payments that would be logical step to go to KSA

He`s been a brilliant signing but i think its time to bring a younger player in there as well? Huge money though for a few years as well for Kyle would work well for both imo.

You missed the club are happy with the squad- the obvious and more likely true one, as the club keep briefing that through the manager and the media. Just because you and others on here think we need more doesn’t mean pep and the management do. There are so many decisions that we have made over the years that people on here haven’t agreed with, yet we’ve won four in a row, 6 in 7 and a treble

That’s my point and I agree the board get more right then they do wrong (I think there is a different reason also in their consideration).

I agree with the other poster a 6/8 and a RB are areas we could improve.

I also believe in football there is a lot of talk about refreshing the squad for motivation etc.

6 in 7 is why you trust the board, but doesn’t negate that the board maybe making decisions with information we are not aware off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.