It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

I still think Walker will take the Saudi offer and Mendes will be spinning plates for Nunes if we have confirmed he can go.
Maybe he would, and once he's sold we'd get a replacement

But untill that deal is close, we aren't gonna buy someone when we have him here

Same way we didn't buy a new 1st team quality GK because the Ederson move is now off, what would we do with the new keeper now he's (likely) staying?

Also have I missed the part where there is an abundance of world class right backs out there? People who say Frimpong I'm like 90% sure haven't watched him play, he's more a winger than full back

I'm 99% sure that Pep and the board are happy with Walker, Stones, Akanji and Rico as right back options this year

I think there are two really clear weaker points.

- RB/CB: Walker had a bad last season, he had a poor Euro, and he is old. Rico doesn't have the defensive skills and athleticism to be our starting RB. Akanji could do it, but then we have very little depth in the defense (especially with Stones being a roulette with his injuries).

- A 6/8: Kovacic is really good, but a starter for our team? I don't know (and I love Kovacic and defended him since he arrived). Bernardo had his worst season, and a poor Euro (and this is probably his last season anyway) and Nunez I think is just not at our level.

@handsofstone point still stands though doesn’t it unless the likes of Nunez, Kovacic or Bernardo leave - the squad has too much quality to bring more players in as it stands. My only concern is cover for Rodri but that’s more squad balance than numbers.

He`s been a brilliant signing but i think its time to bring a younger player in there as well? Huge money though for a few years as well for Kyle would work well for both imo.
Main question is who could replace him

Frimpong is in pole, but he is more of a winger than a rb, has poor defense, maybe for big games Akanji goes there and then Frimpong vs lower sides
Reece James is injury prone and i doubt he would like to join us
Can’t sign Girona lad

Rico is more of CM now, for me

As JWCH-99 said, you've missed the point

Who from the bench/first XI are you dropping, or are you selling players who have no interest in them?

You wanna sell Kovacic or Walker (our captain), or Nunes at a huge loss? Or you dropping Nunes & Rico off the bench?

You're trying to buy players when there isn't need or space

Savio (+ Bobb being used more) is us trying to refresh the squad

It’s not necessarily dropping 1 we are thinking about, this is a long season on back of a lot of our players going deep in the euros.

We also have potentially a lot of players going next season (if some don’t go this)

Ederson
Walker
Stones
Kov
Nunes
Phillips
KDB
Bernardo
Alvarez
Even Haaland if a contract is not signed

Obviously not all but it seems certain some big hitters are going and possinlbly for no money.

This could be part of the thinking.

Mock first XI:
- - - - - - - - Ederson - - - - - - - -
Walker - Dias - Akanji - Gvardiol
- - - - - - Rodri - - - Kova - - - - -
- - Bernie - - - KDB - - - Phil - -
- - - - - - - - Haaland - - - - - - - -
Bench (9 spots): Ortega, Stones, Ake, Rico, Nunes, Bobb, Doku, Grealish, Alvarez

You buy a player you knock a player out. Do you knock out a youth player? Do you put a £60mil player like Nunes in the bench? Savio is already on the bench in this scenario, we putting him in for Bobb? Do we buy a CM while we can't shift Phillips (tbf imo yes)

That's also not including McAtee, Perrone, Doyle, O'Reilly, Susoho as the youth who could step up like Rico/Bobb have

Just because we have money doesn't mean we should spend it. We have a godly team we don't need to "flex" we aren't Real

Sure if we sold a Benrardo, Grealish, De Bruyne we'd be getting a big expensive replacement but u till we do the spots just aren't really there (again unless you wanna drop our best youth prospects )
Well put. When you look at us at full strength there isn’t room for anyone. Pep is spot on when he said we only sign if someone leaves

Maybe he would, and once he's sold we'd get a replacement

But untill that deal is close, we aren't gonna buy someone when we have him here

Same way we didn't buy a new 1st team quality GK because the Ederson move is now off, what would we do with the new keeper now he's (likely) staying?

Also have I missed the part where there is an abundance of world class right backs out there? People who say Frimpong I'm like 90% sure haven't watched him play, he's more a winger than full back

I'm 99% sure that Pep and the board are happy with Walker, Stones, Akanji and Rico as right back options this year

I think its fairly obvious that we wont buy until players leave though?

Pep talking out youngsters up big time I just hope he keeps them around and actually play them and start them in some games because usually he talks them up and you don't see them again

Well put. When you look at us at full strength there isn’t room for anyone. Pep is spot on when he said we only sign if someone leaves
Yes, and I don't think that someone includes Cancelo.not sure it includes Phillips either.

Yes, and I don't think that someone includes Cancelo.not sure it includes Phillips either.

I think it's safe to say that Pep doesn't include those two when he talk about his squads, i very much doubt if those two leaving then we will sign their replacement given last season that our club seems managed just fine and not hurrying trying to replace them in january.

I think it's safe to say that Pep doesn't include those two when he talk about his squads, i very much doubt if those two leaving then we will sign their replacement given last season that our club seems managed just fine and not hurrying trying to replace them in january.
I think we have to replace Phillips.
The squad was over worked last season. There are now more CL group games and we were pretty thin on the ground as it was.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.