It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

As JWCH-99 said, you've missed the point

Who from the bench/first XI are you dropping, or are you selling players who have no interest in them?

You wanna sell Kovacic or Walker (our captain), or Nunes at a huge loss? Or you dropping Nunes & Rico off the bench?

You're trying to buy players when there isn't need or space

Savio (+ Bobb being used more) is us trying to refresh the squad
Walker is gone next season, along KDB and Bernardo. It would be better to at least get 1 replacement, instead of trying to get the 3 right in the same summer. I would never sell Kovacic, he is a really good squad member (just not starter).

I would sell Nunes at a huge loss (isn't that what we are doing with Kalvin?), and anyways, our net spend is great so having one big loss should not be a big deal. He just doesn't have the first touch to be in our team. That opens the space to get a 6/8. The RB/CB could still wait for next summer.

Personally feel 5 in a row will be out of reach, would be happy with top 3 finish if it means we have properly blooded and integrated the academy boys into the first team.
The new toys out there may already be wearing a city shirt, Cole is an example of how a young lad can flourish

Personally feel 5 in a row will be out of reach, would be happy with top 3 finish if it means we have properly blooded and integrated the academy boys into the first team.
The new toys out there may already be wearing a city shirt, Cole is an example of how a young lad can flourish
Top 3 with this squad is a ridiculously low bar. It's either 5 in a row or second to Arsenal IF they are able to put up a big point total.

As a of now we have not even downgraded, we have the best team in the league still.

Nothing wrong with being happy with top 3 finish but you should realise the squad we have.

Luckily enough i`m sure the owner and chairman dont share that ambition.

For me it's all about how the euro players come back feeling. Is the motivation still there to do it again, are they fucked still , not enough of a break. Dangerous going into this new season with virtually the same set of players, it always needs some freshening up going into a new season. The Chelsea line up first game of the season will be very interesting

Top 3 with this squad is a ridiculously low bar. It's either 5 in a row or second to Arsenal IF they are able to put up a big point total.
Mate my point was tolerating a dip in PL position if it meant stepping up the select few academy boys to genuine first teamers. Obviously I would like to achieve both, just setting reasonable expectations. CL however …..

As a of now we have not even downgraded, we have the best team in the league still.

Nothing wrong with being happy with top 3 finish but you should realise the squad we have.
I’m well aware of the squad we have, however I think Kevin, eddy and Walker are all highly significant members of the squad and 2 of them getting on and all 3 apparantly have question marks on where they will be next year. Not sure like for like quality of incomings this summer likely, which takes me back to my original point concerning academy boys

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.