It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Pep talking out youngsters up big time I just hope he keeps them around and actually play them and start them in some games because usually he talks them up and you don't see them again

He’ll always talk them up, because it builds their confidence but also because even if they’re crap if he admitted that we’d struggle to sell them.

If they’re not up to our standard we need to buy someone who is.

All this doom posting: where are the minutes going to go to all these world class signings you want? Who is playing less this year?

Nunes, maybe KDB due to age, Alvarez possibly. Rodri could do with a few games off throughout the season too.

He’ll always talk them up, because it builds their confidence but also because even if they’re crap if he admitted that we’d struggle to sell them.

If they’re not up to our standard we need to buy someone who is.
Unless they are, and this time to me it seems different and I think they may well be up to our standard ,Bobb, Lewis, O'Reilly in particular. McAtee and Perrone unsure.

I hope my wish is coming true - that the cream of the academy is beginning to fully integrate into the first-team squad. To have a team competing for trophies, emblazoned with local lads, or those who have been at the club since their youth, is really something to inspire.

I hope my wish is coming true - that the cream of the academy is beginning to fully integrate into the first-team squad. To have a team competing for trophies, emblazoned with local lads, or those who have been at the club since their youth, is really something to inspire.

I'd love us to win the league while giving 4/5 city players who come from our youth development 30+ games

One of my personal observations is the 'failure rate' of academies, not just ours. By failure I mean in the specific context of an academy player emerging as a nailed on starter in the first team, so eg Foden. If we bag £15M for an academy player, eg Delap, then commercially of course that is a success; I don't mean that is a failure.
However the fact is, every year the academy intakes approx 20 players, so in the last 6 years that's 120. Apart from Phil not one would be in our strongest 11, that's a 'failure' rate of >99%. It really is incredibly hard to become a PL player.

You seem to get shouted down on here for pointing out the obvious.

Something is going on, what we don’t know is what.

Saving money in case Pep goes
Saving money in case charges go against us
Feel can attract better players once charges are gone.
Saving money as some big players due to leave soon and replacements will be expensive.

I have felt for awhile we have seemed a bit scared to flex due to all the negativity.

Our net spend could well end up being positive and over last 5 years lower then all our competitors.

Others will say it’s just not losing anyone, youth, Savio etc. But I think in an ideal world there is a refresh.

But there does seem more to it.

One thing is for certain the club get a lot right, so whatever is behind this
Shouted down or just different opinions? It is a forum.

My opinion is that our squad is full and until somebody moves we’re screwed. I say screwed, I mean Pep may be ok with the squad largely as per last season with the addition of Savio.

You also have had 2 x summer tournaments, PSR rules biting that is stagnating the U.K. market.

Other opinions available below.

Get the banners out City are signing a left back, Christian McFarlane. now when City first dropped the name 2 years ago i had a quick look at him, quick and strong, standard American, but he was also comfortable on the ball, i do not know how he has developed. But this puts right 6 years of failure, because it is 6 years since Angelinho broke through.
So for me every year we had no one capable of challenging the LB slot, coming through the academy, and for most of that 6 years we have had no first team player, we should have bought, if they failed we should have bought again, and again.
So good luck Cristian.
Hahahaha. Six years of failure? Every other club in world football can only dream of failing like we have over the last six years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.