It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

How old is Haaland?
How old is Bobb?
How old is Foden?
How old is Doku?
How old is Savinho?
How old is McAtee?
How old is Perrone?

Oh hmm must be long term brilliant investments without PAYING 60+ MILLION.
Great post, not forgetting Rico, Gvardiol, and the other emerging academy players.

Yep! We’ve been sleeping this summer so far

Obviously we aren’t sleeping, obviously we didn’t want him, or think we needed him.

I wasn't exactly thinking of it necessarily from a City perspective - it's just a good deal. It's also not obvious that we didn't want him or think we needed him (he's a 6/8...) - as is clear, we don't always make everything known and we also don't have a right to sign every player.

One of my personal observations is the 'failure rate' of academies, not just ours. By failure I mean in the specific context of an academy player emerging as a nailed on starter in the first team, so eg Foden. If we bag £15M for an academy player, eg Delap, then commercially of course that is a success; I don't mean that is a failure.
However the fact is, every year the academy intakes approx 20 players, so in the last 6 years that's 120. Apart from Phil not one would be in our strongest 11, that's a 'failure' rate of >99%. It really is incredibly hard to become a PL player.
Cole Palmer says hello

If a midfield that includes DeBruyne, Foden, Bobb, Bernardo, Kovacic, Grealish, Lewis and others cannot cope with the absence of one, no matter how good he is, then there is a problem. That is, IMO, the best combination of midfielders in the Premier League.
Of course it is...by quite a margin...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.