It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

If he ever returns after his exertions from last season and his starring role in the Euros, must be shattered
If we were to judge players at City in their first season under Pep then we wouldn't have a team, It takes a year or maybe even two for a player to adapt to Peps style of play and what he wants from the player.

Nunes isn't a bad player, He showed glimpses last season of what he's capable of doing for us, Hopefully the lad can get a run of games under his belt and kick start his City career.

Personally I don't feel the need why you have to stick the boot into him, He's played bit part games during the course of a season he's done nothing to warrant the hatred he gets. It's bizarre.

If we were to judge players at City in their first season under Pep then we wouldn't have a team, It takes a year or maybe even two for a player to adapt to Peps style of play and what he wants from the player.

Nunes isn't a bad player, He showed glimpses last season of what he's capable of doing for us, Hopefully the lad can get a run of games under his belt and kick start his City career.

Personally I don't feel the need why you have to stick the boot into him, He's played bit part games during the course of a season he's done nothing to warrant the hatred he gets. It's bizarre.
I'm not putting the boot in, I just think that he should be coming back a bit earlier than the rest of the Euro players bar our Croatian duo with a point to prove

At the start of the window, this thread focused on Nunes for a day or two, when all his career stats and background info was poured over. The general consensus was he is an exceptionally decent guy who is very popular with all his team mates. However, how we came to hand over £50 odd million to WWFC for his services was inexplicable. It looked like Tikki panicked because of limited time before the window closed. Also, it may have been influenced by recency/confirmation bias of the Diogo Jota transfer, ie his judgement was impaired by Jota's impact for the dips. If Nunes steps up this year, nails down a regular place and becomes a key player it will be remarkable. Good luck to him.

Last edited:
I'm not putting the boot in, I just think that he should be coming back a bit earlier than the rest of the Euro players bar our Croatian duo with a point to prove
How do you know he hasn’t offered to? For all we know Pep and the club could have told him to take the full time off (as he is entitled to and is mandatory)

Football isn't like it was years ago, Players now are advised as in what minutes they should be playing, The distance they run ect All the Sports Scientist stuff they have these days.

I'm sure the same applies for time off for players and when they are due back to report for training.

The other thing is, Who says he has a point to prove? For all we know Pep could be happy with him and the progress he's making in trying to make his way into the team more regularly.

It's people on Bluemoon who are saying he has a point to prove, Nobody from the club has said any different regarding Nunes.

I just think the criticism he gets is uncalled for massively, I'd understand if he was here for 3 or 4 years and things haven't panned out. He's literally only in the door, He needs time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.