It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

I'm not putting the boot in, I just think that he should be coming back a bit earlier than the rest of the Euro players bar our Croatian duo with a point to prove
How about the final was on the 14th so by my calculation the entire squad needs to be back by Monday, bar Alvarez...

He showed some really good glimpses last season of what he can, He seems to be at his best travelling with the ball and opening the pitch up, We all know Pep loves the fine details of the game and he will see things that we wouldn't even notice in Nunes games that he wants him to improve on.

As for the chances last season on front of goal he certainly should have scored a few goals but looks like he's trying to hard instead of composing himself.

He definitely deserves another season, I think it's ludicrous that so many want him out so soon. Fans have no patience these days the want success and want it now, Players aren't even allowed have a bad game anymore, It's crazy.
I'm still waiting for someone to point out where he cost us on the pitch. He made a bad turn that led to a goal in a game we won comfortably. Other than that? People want to kill him for Pep limiting his playing time...I can't imagine some of these posters ever played the game at any level...

What are we rating this transfer window so far out of 10?
I think Savio is a nice addition. Keeping hold of Bernardo, Eddie, and KDB is great. We've made a decent chunk of cash from fringe & youth player sales.

As long as we don't lose someone unexpected and manage to bring in a midfielder who can effectively give Rodri a rest once in a while, it's a good window. If we fail to do the latter (again), I think that's got to be viewed as a disappointment.

We loaned out Angelino in something like 2018 to the likes of Girona and Mallorca eventually selling him to PSV, We bought him back and he was nowhere near good enough (Realistically we bought him because he had a good year at PSV and we had an cheap option to buy back and we knew we could make profit on him by selling him again).

I really don't know how you are coming up with "6 years of failure" how on earth have you come to that conclusion?

● 5 trophies in a single season
● Treble
● 4 Premier League Titles in a row

Angelino was actually more of a Left Wing Back, He wasn't a left back, He was shocking defensively.

Plus Pep wanted to go down the route of playing a left footed centre back at left back which has worked a treat, Ake has arguably been one of the best defenders in Europe of the last two years.

Now we have Gvardiol at left back who was absolutely sensational in the second half of last season.

Obviously we all have different views, I just find this one really strange that you call it "6 years of failure".
I call it 6 years of failure because we did not bring a back up to Mendy through our academy, nor did we buy a back up to correct this failure, it has nothing to do with the trophies we have won. Ake would not have come to City if he had known he was going to play LB, he would have stayed at Chelsea if he had wanted that. But it is the back up that is the problem, Gomez is a winger.

That`s right and he is holding his own it a tough league, perfect for our EDS team, getting game time in the cups and 10 minutes here and there, certainly he is better than Gomez, no disrespect to him but he is not a LB/LWB.
Has only made one appearance for New York City's first team. It is a bit of stretch to expect him to be fully involved with the first team straight away

I call it 6 years of failure because we did not bring a back up to Mendy through our academy, nor did we buy a back up to correct this failure, it has nothing to do with the trophies we have won. Ake would not have come to City if he had known he was going to play LB, he would have stayed at Chelsea if he had wanted that. But it is the back up that is the problem, Gomez is a winger.
6 years of failure ? You can't write this shit

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.