It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

I don't get why every fan thinks the only way of getting good players is by buying them. Would rather develop a good few from the academy and stick them in the first-team squad. No point constantly throwing money about

Delap 10M not a chance, Cancelo 50M not a chance

And why do we need 2 cb's?

Gvardiol is the one we w

Man City 2023/24 Squad

GK:

Ederson

James Trafford

Scott Carson

RB:

Rico Lewis

Kyle Walker

RCB:

Manuel Akanji

John Stones

LCB:

Ruben Dias

Kim Min-Jae

LB:

Nathan Ake

Josko Gvardiol

Sergio Gomez

CDM:

Rodri

Kalvih Phillips

CM:

Jude Bellingham

Bernardo Silva

James McAtee

CAM:

Kevin De Bruyne

Gabriel Veiga

Oscar Bobb

RW:

Riyhad Mahrez

James Maddison

Dire Mebedue

ST:

Erling Haaland

Julian Alvarez

RW:

Jack Grealish

Phil Foden

In:

Jude Bellingham-125M

Josko Gvardiol-80M

Kim Min Jae- 40M

Gabriel Veiga:40M

James Maddison- 40M

Cost-305M

Out:

Aymeric Laporte-50M

Stefan Ortega- 20M

Joao Cancelo- 50M

Zack Steffen- 5M

Tommy Doyle- 25M

Liam Delap-10M

Yangel Herrara- 10M

Issa Kabore- 5M

Other Fodder-30M

Profit: 185M

Net Spend- -120M Thoughts?

Veiga off to madrid. Bernardo won't be here next season. Keep Ortega and bin Carson

I don't get why every fan thinks the only way of getting good players is by buying them. Would rather develop a good few from the academy and stick them in the first-team squad. No point constantly throwing money about

That would be very organic......Which one's are you thinking?

That would be very organic......Which one's are you thinking?

I like Borges and Bobb to be honest, but the main point of this post was because I see too many 'fans' on social media saying to spend X amount on player Y. I get football is mostly about money but I think we should do something similar to Benfica and Southampton and just develop our own players but not sell them for profit. Think we've already seen with PSG that throwing money about constantly isn't the definition of ultimate success.

I like Borges and Bobb to be honest, but the main point of this post was because I see too many 'fans' on social media saying to spend X amount on player Y. I get football is mostly about money but I think we should do something similar to Benfica and Southampton and just develop our own players but not sell them for profit. Think we've already seen with PSG that throwing money about constantly isn't the definition of ultimate success.

I'd love to see it too,so i'm in agreement to an extent.......i think the problem arises with the 'middle ground'.The clubs you mention can develop players without too much consequence or disruption to their ambitions (although that has gone tits up this season for Southampton).

We have to maintain a level,we have to have a squad of players that are reliable and consistent and have the experience when,like the situation we are in now,we need to dig deep and and find the way to keep winning.We simply can't afford to be babysitting or developing youngsters when so much is on the line,hence why we have chosen the current methods of loan and/or buyback.

We need to bring in players that can usually walk into the environment and perform having proved it elsewhere.It's a 'price we pay' for being so successful.

As for the two you mention.......i agree,top talents,and both need that experience i speak of next season.

I'd love to see it too,so i'm in agreement to an extent.......i think the problem arises with the 'middle ground'.The clubs you mention can develop players without too much consequence or disruption to their ambitions (although that has gone tits up this season for Southampton).

We have to maintain a level,we have to have a squad of players that are reliable and consistent and have the experience when,like the situation we are in now,we need to dig deep and and find the way to keep winning.We simply can't afford to be babysitting or developing youngsters when so much is on the line,hence why we have chosen the current methods of loan and/or buyback.

We need to bring in players that can usually walk into the environment and perform having proved it elsewhere.It's a 'price we pay' for being so successful.

As for the two you mention.......i agree,top talents,and both need that experience i speak of next season.

I agree with the middle ground point. Hard to balance it without going one way or another. You're right with the third paragraph in relation to Lavia and Larios (i think) but I wouldn't be averse to Pep possibly doing something similar to Van Gaal when Rashford was thrown in on his debut vs Midtjylland when he was unheard of.

I agree with the middle ground point. Hard to balance it without going one way or another. You're right with the third paragraph in relation to Lavia and Larios (i think) but I wouldn't be averse to Pep possibly doing something similar to Van Gaal when Rashford was thrown in on his debut vs Midtjylland when he was unheard of.

Edozie and Bazunu too.

Lavia has stood out and Bazunu has done great,but all of them have shown their inexperience at crucial times throughout this season,and that strategy may now end up costing them dear.

Rashford has worked out brilliantly,but id say he was an act of desperation by Van Gaal,they didn't have much more to lose......and even he has had something of a rollercoaster career so far.

Pep has done ok with Rico this season,Palmer to a lesser dgree,don't forget.

I think we have 4 players on loan in the championship that have either been promoted or have a chance to be promoted that other prem teams would be looking to sign .Are they good enough to play for city probably not but think they could do a job 3 nil up for the last 30 minutes and lesser teams in the cups and prem .Would like the Croatian ×2 and the boy wonder from Germany .Maybe shea charles could get the minutes that fat boy gets? I await the barrage of abuse

Edozie and Bazunu too.

Lavia has stood out and Bazunu has done great,but all of them have shown their inexperience at crucial times throughout this season,and that strategy may now end up costing them dear.

Rashford has worked out brilliantly,but id say he was an act of desperation by Van Gaal,they didn't have much more to lose......and even he has had something of a rollercoaster career so far.

Pep has done ok with Rico this season,Palmer to a lesser dgree,don't forget.
We are at a difficult stage with our young talent, it reminds me of Barca in their prime pre and post Pep.

Incredibly talented young players who were touted as the next great things (Gai Assulin, Bojan Krkic, Isaac Cuenca,Giovani dos Santos etc) yet hardly any of them went on to have great careers.

I think we are doing just fine at this time, the exceptional ones stay with us and learn under Pep (Foden, Palmer, lewis) the others are sold at high prices with the buy back options.

Bob and Borges are superb talents but way off first team level in my opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.