It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

I'd be surprised if we replace Alvarez myself. In an ideal world we would do, but we have brought Savio in , mcatee (not same level) is back, Bobb will get more minutes. None of our Competitors have strengthened significantly. So I feel he'll be happy with what we have. I could maybe see a season long loan for joao Felix coming the other way from Athletic but we'll see.

If that brief goes out and we don’t go and make a signing then we should all be very worried about the reason behind that imo. Theres no way mcatee is anywhere near the level currently. If we let Alvarez go given the amount of games he’s played, goals and assists he’s got for us over the past 2 seasons for big money and don’t go out and buy a top player you have to wonder if it’s to do with the 115 charges and not wanting to get a top player in for a big fee and big wages if we are fearing the worst. It’s not like this has come out of the blue and we were unprepared it’s been clear he’s wanted out all summer.
I would agree with this sentiment.

For me the defeat against Madrid in the CL made it possible to win our fourth consecutive title, without that defeat we don't win the title, our players looked tired and were struggling.

We have needed to refresh the midfield for sometime, we must be bringing in a high quality player to help Rodri, Kovacic was a great squad addition but not as a regular.

We also have several players with dubious injury records, Ake, Stones, Kovacic, Haaland and KDB all miss a lot of games or are unavailable, with the small squad we have that becomes an issue, especially later in the season.

This could well be Bobb's breakout season, he is a hell of a talent but McAtee for me is no more than a Gomez replacement.

For me the defeat against Madrid in the CL made it possible to win our fourth consecutive title, without that defeat we don't win the title, our players looked tired and were struggling.

We have needed to refresh the midfield for sometime, we must be bringing in a high quality player to help Rodri, Kovacic was a great squad addition but not as a regular.

We also have several players with dubious injury records, Ake, Stones, Kovacic, Haaland and KDB all miss a lot of games or are unavailable, with the small squad we have that becomes an issue, especially later in the season.

This could well be Bobb's breakout season, he is a hell of a talent but McAtee for me is no more than a Gomez replacement.

Agree about the midfield, that was the first sign something is wrong imo. Been obvious for 2-3 years that Rodri needs a rest in some games, if Pep thought Kovacic could play as a 6 fairly regularly he would have done it a lot more last season. And whilst Bernardo will play more centrally this season he still isn’t a 6.

If Alvarez goes and we choose not to replace something definitely amiss and it’s more than just Peps future.

I would agree with this sentiment.

Imo if we had won the penalty shootout, we would have won another treble.

The team would have found it in them to win at least one game against bayern which could have been enough.

And after that it is one final, and with that looming, no way they lose the fa cup final like that,the focus would have been there.

And then the final, with 4 trophies in the bag, they would have had immense hunger for it.

That's how I see this team,and their character.

Didn't Pep mention only last week that Haaland has niggles and had to be replaced against Milan. Not a great sign already and with Alvarez leaving we night be playing the false nine sooner rather than later

If that brief goes out and we don’t go and make a signing then we should all be very worried about the reason behind that imo. Theres no way mcatee is anywhere near the level currently. If we let Alvarez go given the amount of games he’s played, goals and assists he’s got for us over the past 2 seasons for big money and don’t go out and buy a top player you have to wonder if it’s to do with the 115 charges and not wanting to get a top player in for a big fee and big wages if we are fearing the worst. It’s not like this has come out of the blue and we were unprepared it’s been clear he’s wanted out all summer.
I think the charges do have an impact on our transfer business, even if some people on here seem to be in complete denial about this. Even if the club is certain of no wrongdoing they also know our fate on that matter is not decided by us. Just as if I was being prosecuted for tax fraud I certainly wouldn't be calm and certain of winning in court just because I know I'm innocent. In the end, it all comes down to the opinion of other people and how they interpret so called "evidence".

Not to mention that certain potential targets (the likes of Wirtz/Musila, just an example but players that are already in a good place in their career) might think twice and prefer to wait and see what happens with these charges before committing to five years of their prime career with us.

On the other hand, we are still regarded as the perhaps best team in the world and we will obviously always be very attractive to the huge majority of players. Most players would jump at the chance to join us!

With that said, if we had sold Alvarez a month ago and later signed Savinho, a 20 year old Brazil international that had 11+10 attacking returns in a team that finished third in La Liga, most would have seen him as a decent Alvarez replacement.

Agree about the midfield, that was the first sign something is wrong imo. Been obvious for 2-3 years that Rodri needs a rest in some games, if Pep thought Kovacic could play as a 6 fairly regularly he would have done it a lot more last season. And whilst Bernardo will play more centrally this season he still isn’t a 6.

If Alvarez goes and we choose not to replace something definitely amiss and it’s more than just Peps future.
The latter IE Pep could be the issue.

Maybe the recent noise about staying is just that, if he were to leave and say Alonso comes in next summer I would expect several departures and hence the need to stockpile cash to replace them.

All the above is pure speculation but I would worry if we don't bring in two or three top players in the next 3 weeks, even more so if Cancelo, Phillips, Alvarez and Nunes leave.

Imo if we had won the penalty shootout, we would have won another treble.

The team would have found it in them to win at least one game against bayern which could have been enough.

And after that it is one final, and with that looming, no way they lose the fa cup final like that,the focus would have been there.

And then the final, with 4 trophies in the bag, they would have had immense hunger for it.

That's how I see this team,and their character.
That could have very much been the scenario but for me we need a small refresh, to keep the rest of their toes but also to tell out opponents were going nowhere.

Also the club want CL titles and with Madrid strengthening we should be doing the same.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.