It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Earlier this year's there was loads of nonsense on social media about one of Pep's girls having a major crush on Alvarez. Could that have upset Alvarez's fiancee? If she was giving him ear ache plus Erling's dominance was pissing him off, maybe he asked his agent to just test the market. So when Atleti took the bait, they decided as a couple to say vamos !
In many respects its a shame to see him go, he looked like he could become another Argie legend along with Sergio and Zabba. Plus he would surely have mentored Echeveri who will now be the only Argentinan at the club, as it stands.
We are heading towards £170m income in this window, with just the intra CFG purchase of Savio. Something weird is going on, and personally I have not got a scrooby what it is......

Last edited:
Earlier this year's there was loads of nonsense on social mediab about one of Pep's girls having a major crush on Alvarez. Could that have upset Alvarez's fiancee? If she was giving him ear ache plus Erling's dominance was pissing him off, maybe he asked his agent to test the market. So when Atleti took the bait, they decided as a couple to say vamos !
In many respects its a shame to see him go, he looked like he could become another Argie legend along with Sergio and Zabba. Plus he would surely have mentored Echeveri who will now be the only Argentinan at the club, as it stands.
We are heading towards £170m income in this window, with just the intra CFG purchase of Savio. Something weird is going on, and personally have not got a Scrooby what is it......
Perhaps we`re saving up for life in the Conference and we`ve been given bad news.
Ah well at least we can sing our favourite song
"Citys going down with a billion in the bank, a billion ..."

Anyone for taking Tonali if no movement on Guimaraes? His ban is almost over and he is training with Newcastle this preseason just not able to play in the friendlies. He is a very competent DM, can play Rodri as CM. Would probably be able to get him for £50m + Phillips or Nunes the other way either permanent or loan with loan fee.

Last edited:
Anyone for taking Tonali if no movement on Guimaraes? His ban is almost over and he is training with Newcastle this preseason just not able to play in the friendlies. He is a very competent DM can play Rodri as CM. Would probably be able to get him for £50m + Phillips or Nunes the other way either permanent or loan with loan fee.
No, Tonali would be too much of a gamble for me...
and please no re Felix. watched him a lot over the years and he's never come anywhere near that astronomical transfer fee...

Last edited:
Earlier this year's there was loads of nonsense on social media about one of Pep's girls having a major crush on Alvarez. Could that have upset Alvarez's fiancee? If she was giving him ear ache plus Erling's dominance was pissing him off, maybe he asked his agent to test the market. So when Atleti took the bait, they decided as a couple to say vamos !
We are heading towards £170m income in this window, with just the intra CFG purchase of Savio. Something weird is going on, and personally I have not got a scrooby what it is......
Scrooby dooby do

Alvarez got 16 goals and 11 assists in all comps last season. To put that pressure on an academy graduate would be unfair.

Alvarez is a quality player , third best attacker last season. He needs to be replaced with quality with an eye for goal
The problem we may have is bringing in a quality striker who is prepared to be 2nd choice.

I don't think we will bring in another striker but play a false 9 if Haaland doesn't play. The money would be better off spent on a 6/8 hybrid like Bruno G.

No idea if Peps happy for him to leave, didn’t mention Alvarez. I just said he knows better than anyone whether he needs replacing or whether Savio and Bobb covers it.I’m easy whatever he decides.
I think he will have much more confidence in Bobb seeing him in training last few years and also this pre season.

Savio we will have an idea but still need to see how he adapts. With McAtee staying I think we will be fine for depth but what happens if Haaland gets injured for 20 games again? Foden at false 9 worked but we really need to get him to make the 10 his own.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.