It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Earlier this year's there was loads of nonsense on social media about one of Pep's girls having a major crush on Alvarez. Could that have upset Alvarez's fiancee? If she was giving him ear ache plus Erling's dominance was pissing him off, maybe he asked his agent to just test the market. So when Atleti took the bait, they decided as a couple to say vamos !
In many respects its a shame to see him go, he looked like he could become another Argie legend along with Sergio and Zabba. Plus he would surely have mentored Echeveri who will now be the only Argentinan at the club, as it stands.
We are heading towards £170m income in this window, with just the intra CFG purchase of Savio. Something weird is going on, and personally I have not got a scrooby what it is......
I have no idea what the nonsense was that you refer to on social media. But the way you extrapolated that nonsense to write more nonsense was absolutely fantastic. Skills.

Get Benezema in a swap with Cancelo
I think he will have much more confidence in Bobb seeing him in training last few years and also this pre season.

Savio we will have an idea but still need to see how he adapts. With McAtee staying I think we will be fine for depth but what happens if Haaland gets injured for 20 games again? Foden at false 9 worked but we really need to get him to make the 10 his own.
Get Benezema in a swap with Cancelo from the handchopping state or see if Ibrahamovic wants to come out of retirement . . . night

Like a few people have mentioned on this thread already I'm half expecting a brief to be sent out once Alvarez has left that we are happy with the current squad.

It's just been very quiet this summer in terms of potential targets outside of Guimarães.

Let Bobb and McAtee step up and compete and plan for next year.

The problem we may have is bringing in a quality striker who is prepared to be 2nd choice.
I would look to bring in a player like Karim Konate, young 20, with European experience already, a natural finisher. I think he will start to get recognition across Europe this season as a player at Salzburg - Haaland’s old club. Their season has started and he has 1 from 1 in league plus 2 from 1 in a cup competition. I have known about him for about 18 months and think this could be his Season. He got 20 league goals last season from 29 a goal every 97 mins. Wouldn’t cost a fortune so could be worth a punt if Alvarez does leave.

Like a few people have mentioned on this thread already I'm half expecting a brief to be sent out once Alvarez has left that we are happy with the current squad.

It's just been very quiet this summer in terms of potential targets outside of Guimarães.

So possibly write this year off then?

In theory, we could take Perrone on Julian's space,
and JWE could join Phil and Macca on the 4 available club-trained spaces. Just sayin.

If that brief goes out and we don’t go and make a signing then we should all be very worried about the reason behind that imo. Theres no way mcatee is anywhere near the level currently. If we let Alvarez go given the amount of games he’s played, goals and assists he’s got for us over the past 2 seasons for big money and don’t go out and buy a top player you have to wonder if it’s to do with the 115 charges and not wanting to get a top player in for a big fee and big wages if we are fearing the worst. It’s not like this has come out of the blue and we were unprepared it’s been clear he’s wanted out all summer.

Earlier this year's there was loads of nonsense on social media about one of Pep's girls having a major crush on Alvarez. Could that have upset Alvarez's fiancee? If she was giving him ear ache plus Erling's dominance was pissing him off, maybe he asked his agent to just test the market. So when Atleti took the bait, they decided as a couple to say vamos !
In many respects its a shame to see him go, he looked like he could become another Argie legend along with Sergio and Zabba. Plus he would surely have mentored Echeveri who will now be the only Argentinan at the club, as it stands.
We are heading towards £170m income in this window, with just the intra CFG purchase of Savio. Something weird is going on, and personally I have not got a scrooby what it is......

Attachments

• GUQM21hWEAA5DqX.jpeg
    GUQM21hWEAA5DqX.jpeg
    140.6 KB · Views: 11

"and compete and plan for next year."

Doesn't work like that, we need to bring in a few new faces to keep it fresh and keep existing players on their toes.

If that brief goes out and we don’t go and make a signing then we should all be very worried about the reason behind that imo. Theres no way mcatee is anywhere near the level currently. If we let Alvarez go given the amount of games he’s played, goals and assists he’s got for us over the past 2 seasons for big money and don’t go out and buy a top player you have to wonder if it’s to do with the 115 charges and not wanting to get a top player in for a big fee and big wages if we are fearing the worst. It’s not like this has come out of the blue and we were unprepared it’s been clear he’s wanted out all summer.
Good post and you’ve touched on a lot of points which many are thinking . By the look of it this will be peps final season and a lot if players like guarantees about the manager before they come and by getting the kids blooded who are clearly not ready to step up yet somthing is amiss also you don’t lose 15/20 goals a season and not even replace that .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.