It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

We're comparing McAtee to Alvarez now? He's not even in the same ballpark as a player.
Have some context. Julian is 24. McAtee is 21. Alvarez has proven to be a top striker. IMO he's also proven that with him in any other position we don't win anything of consequence. As far as being "accomplished" obviously Alvarez is much further ahead. In terms of pure footballing skills if you think McAtee is not in the same ballpark as Julian I would agree. McAtee is much better on the ball, has better vision, and is a better player in tight spaces, so yes, they are in complete different ballparks as players...

Deal is not done yet as personal terms not agreed, we won’t hear anything until Alvarez is holding up the shirt.

Im not suggesting I don’t trust the club - it would be sensible not buying big on transfers and wages if they thought they might get guilty. I’m suggesting IF we don’t go out and make a major signing we are probably doing so with one eye on the 115. It remains to be seen if we do sign someone.

I haven’t used any of them words you suggested. Sure, we still enter into commercial agreements and we still have other players on big wages - I’m not suggesting otherwise. But that’s different to taking on new players for big fees & wages.

Not just on the basis of not replacing Alvarez. Not getting in anyone to help Rodri. As in previous post, if Pep thought Kovacic could be fully trusted in that role or that we had enough others in the club that can he’d have given Rodri a lot more rest last season. Let’s see what happens, but the next few weeks will be telling.
My first paragraph was in response to you in terms of why we may or may not be doing business as far as buying.

After that I just went into a general peeve I have with many of the posters on here. I didn't intend to say you specifically used those terms. Apologies if you took it that way.

I still think we are being extra cautious because we anticipate having to go big next Summer to replace some longtime mainstays.

But hey maybe I'm being overly optimistic about the 115 as far as it reaching a level where we are facing heavy ramifications.

We shall see. I hope I'm right in thinking this and pray that I'm not wrong...

Also, if everyone else were going in big I'd feel a different way. But because they aren't I tend to think its market related...

I hope your right but I can't see him getting much game time.
He may not, but I prefer the minutes Alvarez was getting in the 10 go strictly to Foden, KDB, Bobb and even Grealish than watching a striker struggle mightily in that role or worse yet as an 8. I'd prefer having McAtee around to learn and back those guys up...JMO...

Good business all round is how I feel

Good profit, had a few years and trophies out of the lad.

From reports he wants more game time so he asked or intimated he wanted to go

Pep is true to his word when that happens, we offload. No surprises there as it not the first time.

Let’s see what happens now before the window closes

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.