It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Peterborough's owner loves doing business with us. He talks about us glowingly on talksport pretty regularly
McAnthony and Troy Deeney were on this morning and both were saying how good we do business wise.
Jim White was kept quiet for a change

Pep said himself recently that “a lot of players wanted to join but they cost too much”.

I reckon the same shit is going on behind the scenes re trying to put a city tax on. As long as we have pep we can afford to walk away from deals.

Lack of activity for me is more down to no one really leaving and a city premium still exists.

The Alvarez deal shows we are getting better at selling. The money machine that is the academy is doing great by producing talented players that may have a chance here.

After winning so much I am relaxed. Few defeats will sort that out -:)

Laughable. He has potential but he’s shown zero in comparison to what Bobb, Palmer and Foden showed at young ages. He’s not ready and Pep will show you that with his team selections this season. No chance he starts a big match, or comes off the bench in one when the score is close once everyone has got a pre season out the way. Not writing him off completely, but he isn’t ready.
McAtees season will be more about what he shows Pep on the training pitch rather than on the actual pitch.

Im not suggesting I don’t trust the club - it would be sensible not buying big on transfers and wages if they thought they might get guilty. I’m suggesting IF we don’t go out and make a major signing we are probably doing so with one eye on the 115. It remains to be seen if we do sign someone.

I haven’t used any of them words you suggested. Sure, we still enter into commercial agreements and we still have other players on big wages - I’m not suggesting otherwise. But that’s different to taking on new players for big fees & wages.

Not just on the basis of not replacing Alvarez. Not getting in anyone to help Rodri. As in previous post, if Pep thought Kovacic could be fully trusted in that role or that we had enough others in the club that can he’d have given Rodri a lot more rest last season. Let’s see what happens, but the next few weeks will be telling.
Won't be telling in any way,except some narrative that you project onto what we do or don't do.

Think i'd rather see mcatee in midfield over Alvarez. Alvarez was never capable of playing midfield for us.
Exactly ,is McAatee a better striker than Alvarez no. Is he better for what we need maybe. If Pep thinks so we'll stick.If he doesn't we'll twist.

Good post and you’ve touched on a lot of points which many are thinking . By the look of it this will be peps final season and a lot if players like guarantees about the manager before they come and by getting the kids blooded who are clearly not ready to step up yet somthing is amiss also you don’t lose 15/20 goals a season and not even replace that .
Did that happen the last time Pep went into the lst year of his contract. No it didn’t and isn’t this year either. Looks like he’s more likely to. Extend than leave next summer to me anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.