It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

I'm coming around to the idea of not signing a 6 to cover Rodri, for one big reason - who is out there that would do a better job than Kovacic and would be willing to sit on the bench most weeks?

With the wealth of attacking talent we have, I think we're going to see Pep lineup with 2 attacking 8s most of the time, occasionally playing Bernardo, Kovacic or Lewis next to Rodri if the opponent calls for it. If we signed a Bruno G. or someone of that ilk, we'd have to play them most weeks. And that means either dropping one of KDB and Foden or forcing the latter out wide again.

I'd be happier if we signed a right sided defender to compete with and ultimately replace Walker, allowing us to push Lewis into his more natural midfield position.

Agree, it will only repeat Alvarez scenario that the striker in question will feel that he never be the main guy as long Haaland in there.

No sane striker in this entire world wants to be seen as backup for someone else, they always want to be seen as main guy in team

Once upon a time we had aguero, tevez, ballotelli and dzeko..

Of the 4 haaland is closest to dzeko..

Funny is..

We couldn’t sell Dzeko, Balotelli and Tevez for a half money we received for Alvarez

Funny is..

We couldn’t sell Dzeko, Balotelli and Tevez for a half money we received for Alvarez

Supply and demand.

We live in an era where if a 9 gets you 15 a season he is bordering on world class.

Back in 2012, there were so many good number 9s knocking about that there was enough to go around for the top teams to buy.

Falcao, Aguero, Suarez, Balotelli, Ibrahimovic, Cavani, Di Natale, Lewandowski, Van Persie, David Villa just to name a collection. All 20-30 goal a season footballers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.