It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Small club mentality this summer. McAtee and O’Rielly?…what a drop off.
Uncertainty with the manager, the charges? Whatever the factors, it will be the determining factor this season.
Europe is a write off and It is Arsenal’s title to lose.
Anyone with an other opinion is simply thinking with the heart.
Not that small. We didn’t have Jonny Evans playing for us yesterday so…

Disagree personally, I think we look very light in central MF, if we were to lose Rodri for any period of time we are in trouble in terms of titles and at the end of the day that what we are about.

I agree. And there’s not enough goals from midfield apart from Phil.

Bernie scores important ones or great ones but nowhere near enough for a guy of his ability. Grealish doesn’t score many. Kovacic almost never.

We need the kind of midfielder that will power through and smash in a few when the ball’s pinging around near the opposition penalty area.

Given our income from winning the title four times in a row, tv, sponsorship, CL every year plus all the player sales, why the fuck do we spend like fucking Norwich?

One world class attacking midfield signing and we’d absolutely piss the league this year added to the quality of the squad we have.

All this talk about buying a midfielder that gets into our midfield but can also cover for Rodri.
Question, which available midfielder gets into our midfield 3 ahead of Rodri, KDB, Foden, Bernardo, Kovacic, and can cover for Rodri adquately ?

It’s a squad game so everyone would get plenty of games - what we can’t afford is too large a drop off in quality when Rodri and/or Foden are missing.

KDB is 33 now, I’m not sure he’ll play that many games in a row, particularly with his injury history unfortunately. Bernardo and Kovacic don’t score many so could make way in some games.

Any of Guimaraes, Zubimendi, Eze, Kimmich or Olmo would have definitely improved the first team, especially ahead of Nunes or Kovacic. We play so many games everyone would get plenty of games, no-one is really ‘back-up’.

This is obviously the time to back our academy filling the spaces and being part of 1st team. So no more transfers for me. With Etcheveri coming in January we don't need any shiny new toys. It also put a finger up to the red mafia / press /epl/ uefa/ fifa/ eamon holmes anyone else to fuk that and don't be slagging us off for over spending

It’s a squad game so everyone would get plenty of games - what we can’t afford is too large a drop off in quality when Rodri and/or Foden are missing.

KDB is 33 now, I’m not sure he’ll play that many games in a row, particularly with his injury history unfortunately. Bernardo and Kovacic don’t score many so could make way in some games.

Any of Guimaraes, Zubimendi, Eze, Kimmich or Olmo would have definitely improved the first team, especially ahead of Nunes or Kovacic. We play so many games everyone would get plenty of games, no-one is really ‘back-up’.
only one of those that might get in the team regularly and for the big games is Kimmich and maybe Guimaraes, Kimmich because he can play inverted right back.The rest would be rotation players and maybe not even first choice rotation. As we saw from Alvarez the big games matter. When you have players like Zubimendi, Olmo, Eze on the bench it means players like Bobb Lewis McAtee aren’t. None of them get in ahead of KDB /Foden, Rodri, Bernardo in my opinion.
I’d rather go with the 5 for 3 positions I named supplemented by McAtee, 6 for 3 positions is plenty, Nunes I don’t know yet but you are underestimating Kovacic ‘s ability and contribution massively.

only one of those that might get in the team regularly and for the big games is Kimmich and maybe Guimaraes, Kimmich because he can play inverted right back.The rest would be rotation players and maybe not even first choice rotation. As we saw from Alvarez the big games matter. When you have players like Zubimendi, Olmo, Eze on the bench it means players like Bobb Lewis McAtee aren’t. None of them get in ahead of KDB /Foden, Rodri, Bernardo in my opinion.
I’d rather go with the 5 for 3 positions I named supplemented by McAtee, 6 for 3 positions is plenty, Nunes I don’t know yet but you are underestimating Kovacic ‘s ability and contribution massively.

Kovacic is quality a very good player but he can’t intercept passing lanes like Rodri can. We didn’t get opened up constantly yesterday due to lack of work rate we got sliced through due to no one in that midfield could think ahead of the pass and just followed the ball. The rags sliced through us with through ball after through ball. Rodri is there they are intercepted.

No one in the team apart from Rodri knows how to think ahead in the 6 position , hopefully kova can be taught it but right now a Rodri injury and things like what happens yesterday will happen again.

Look at the goals we conceded last season. When Rodri wasn’t there it wasn’t pressing us it was one through ball.

Last edited:
We need a new midfielder but if this is the year we don’t get one then fine. We might need to reevaluate expectations.

Happy to do so with the academy lads. Would still love a proper baller in the centre to complete what we have but if the club have other plans then so be it.

Midfield control is so important in football and you can see we are a little bit light.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.