It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

What relevance is the team he is playing for. Bernardo has never once said a bad word about the club.

He isn't leaving City for professional reasons (well not as far as we know anyway) its simply a personal choice for him and his family. By all accounts that is the key driver here. You think his missus or her family give a shit about Bernardo playing for City or Barcelona at a footballing level, I don't.
Things seemed to change after the Mendy business. I don't think he's ever felt the same about the UK since.

However, as much as we're loathed to lose him, if no one meets our valuation he remains at the Etihad until summer 2025 where he'll be approaching 31.

I'm happy with that & for him to leave on a free. However, if someone matches our valuation? \0/

Yep I’m cool with him seeing his contract out and leaving for nought but my suspicions it won’t be his boyhood club but Barcelona
At that point it's Bernardo's choice. We all want him to stay, but if he wants to leave, he wants to leave. When he leaves us, personally I couldn't care less where he goes, as long as it's not to a PL rival...

Nowt wrong with Nell Lane estate. I went to school round there, & there's a great view of Southern Cemetery! :-)
Tapas, meh! But if we’re pinning our hopes on keeping Bernard with the Nell Lane Estate, then I’ll wish him well! (Incidentally which school did you go? I went to Stretford Grammar, but I had a couple of mates who lived on Nell Lane)

Berni is a massive talent and deserves a chance to win the CL. I can't see Barca winning it for the foreseeable future.

He's far better staying put. He's as good a chance here, as anywhere for a pop at that CL.

So that's sorted then Berni lad, all you need to do, is paint the bloody nursery blue and get a cuddly moonchester.

Done.

What relevance is the team he is playing for. Bernardo has never once said a bad word about the club.

He isn't leaving City for professional reasons (well not as far as we know anyway) its simply a personal choice for him and his family. By all accounts that is the key driver here. You think his missus or her family give a shit about Bernardo playing for City or Barcelona at a footballing level, I don't.
No, but I'm pretty sure he does. So what are you saying? That he's some henpecked fucking pussy who doesn't have a say in where his career goes? Not buying. He wanted/wants Barca, lifelong dream, simple as. The rest is a bunch of white noise, bullshit made up on places like blue moon. He's not going to PSG or Real Madrid even if his missus were expecting triplets, bet on it. And since Barca are dead broke he's not going there either. Now if they get rid of a shitload of people and/or come into a benevolent new investor that could change. Otherwise, nothing to see here.

The curious issue which stood out for me was Barça buying several players last summer, but apparently Bernardo was their main target? How does that work?

If I was Bernie, I'd be seriously pissed! They evidently prioritised other players above their supposed No 1 target, so either they can't want him that badly, or they think they can get him for peanuts... \0/

Thankfully City ain't having it. If they can't match our valuation, the player sees out his contract with us & leaves on a free aged 31.

I'm cool with that. He's more use to us playing, than trying to replace him with a peanuts fee from Barça, whose latest economic lever has been rejected by La Liga.

They're probably relieved, as it means they can't afford Messi unless he plays for free. Lol :-)
Agree with this. £75m is giving him away as it is, so if they won't pay then it's great news for us.

He's perfect for us and he's never going to be in a better footballing situation than with us anyway, so give him more money and let him go when his current deal ends.

Keeping him, bringing in Bellingham and a speedy left sided player and our squad would be unbelievable next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.