It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Do you get the logic that he's a 28 year old professional playing for the greatest team in the world? He has 2 years left on his contract. No one is proposing he stay beyond that. He can live that lifestyle over the next 50+ years, but he can never play in a squad like this ever again once he leaves. How's that for a different perspective? Just saying...
Isn't Berny a boyhood Barca fan

75m quid, he is staying with us :). Those cheapskates will wait till his contract expires.

Yep and they way they said that is it’s only Barcelona he wants to go to! If that’s the case Silva will be here till his contract runs out..

Yep and they way they said that is it’s only Barcelona he wants to go to! If that’s the case Silva will be here till his contract runs out..
The curious issue which stood out for me was Barça buying several players last summer, but apparently Bernardo was their main target? How does that work?

If I was Bernie, I'd be seriously pissed! They evidently prioritised other players above their supposed No 1 target, so either they can't want him that badly, or they think they can get him for peanuts... \0/

Thankfully City ain't having it. If they can't match our valuation, the player sees out his contract with us & leaves on a free aged 31.

I'm cool with that. He's more use to us playing, than trying to replace him with a peanuts fee from Barça, whose latest economic lever has been rejected by La Liga.

They're probably relieved, as it means they can't afford Messi unless he plays for free. Lol :-)

You don't get the logic of living in a big villa with year round sun in a country where your wife, family and friends can all speak natively in restaurants and shops and have a culture more aligned with their normal life at home. Seems pretty straight forward to me.

I reckon their family will be more likely to help if they will be in Barcelona eating tapas on a terrace rather than being stuck in traffic trying to get out of Nell Lane estate.

You don't get the logic of living in a big villa with year round sun in a country where your wife, family and friends can all speak natively in restaurants and shops and have a culture more aligned with their normal life at home. Seems pretty straight forward to me.

I reckon their family will be more likely to help if they will be in Barcelona eating tapas on a terrace rather than being stuck in traffic trying to get out of Deansgate.
Nowt wrong with Nell Lane estate. I went to school round there, & there's a great view of Southern Cemetery! :-)

The curious issue which stood out for me was Barça buying several players last summer, but apparently Bernardo was their main target? How does that work?

If I was Bernie, I'd be seriously pissed! They evidently prioritised other players above their supposed No 1 target, so either they can't want him that badly, or they think they can get him for peanuts... \0/

Thankfully City ain't having it. If they can't match our valuation, the player sees out his contract with us & leaves on a free aged 31.

I'm cool with that. He's more use to us playing, than trying to replace him with a peanuts fee from Barça, whose latest economic lever has been rejected by La Liga.

They're probably relieved, as it means they can't afford Messi unless he plays for free. Lol :-)

Yep I’m cool with him seeing his contract out and leaving for nought but my suspicions it won’t be his boyhood club but Barcelona

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.