It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Nunes is incredibly quick and now looks physically stronger, especially in regards his upper body. I would like to see him used to help cover across the pitch and even sometimes in defence. The lack of genuine speed when holding a high line continues to be an Achilles heel for us, so I’d like to see him gain experience in multiple positions as the season unfolds.

it most likely will be F9 from existing squad - Foden, Bernardo, Bobb, Savinho or Nunes
If we will buy someone for that position then it will be who can play different positions and most likely it will Eze from the rumours.
Yeah could be, but he's mentioned he would like a player in who can cover like Alvarez did. Griezmann has played 9, false 9, 10 and on either wings. Also played at Barca so should at least understand the concepts, although he wasn't that successful there. I don't think it will happen, but wouldn't surprise me if it did.

Nunes is incredibly quick and now looks physically stronger, especially in regards his upper body. I would like to see him used to help cover across the pitch and even sometimes in defence. The lack of genuine speed when holding a high line continues to be an Achilles heel for us, so I’d like to see him gain experience in multiple positions as the season unfolds.
I have a mate who was born in Lisbon and is a big Sporting fan, him and his brother (who's a Benfica fan) can't believe Nunes isn't being used as a 6. I personally can't see him as a 6 tbh, doesn't have the characteristics, but by all accounts from them he played closer to a 6 and 8 variant at Sporting like how Gundo did when he was here.

I have a mate who was born in Lisbon and is a big Sporting fan, him and his brother (who's a Benfica fan) can't believe Nunes isn't being used as a 6. I personally can't see him as a 6 tbh, doesn't have the characteristics, but by all accounts from them he played closer to a 6 and 8 variant at Sporting like how Gundo did when he was here.
He could play 6, but he could not play as Pep 6

i lost my cool when he lost ball on Utd opener, but tbh i think he could be decent F9/Winger, he made good combinations with Savinho in the game.

He could play 6, but he could not play as Pep 6

i lost my cool when he lost ball on Utd opener, but tbh i think he could be decent F9/Winger, he made good combinations with Savinho in the game.
He lost it in an ok place, 5/6 players behind him tbf. would like to see him higher up agreed, makes some great runs behind the lines that others dont.

Pep has a core he trusts -

2 keepers
Kyle and 5 CB’s 2 of whom can play LB
Kev Bernardo Rodri Kovacic Phil
Jack Erling

Plus younger players with varying degrees of experience Lewis, Doku, Savinho, Bobb. Nunes who I think will be more confident this season. Pep clearly likes the idea of inventing new positions and ways of playing, and moulding players into new positions - Fabian Delph a left back ffs. I think integrating these younger players in with the established players really appears to him. And the window is still open so if he brings in a new player or two even better. Really looking forward to the season. #5inarow

6 CBs.

Pep Guardiola: "Matheus [Nunes] made some glimpses [in the #CommunityShield] of exactly what he can be with the ball and his pace. Because we don't have much of a long squad and there's a lot of games, but everyone is going to help us..." [via @HaytersTV]

Pep knows we are weaker….enough said
Think Nunes will come good. He has amazing dribbling abilities to drive forward. He has also shown some good link up play around the box before.

Barca can’t even register Dani Olmo apparently.

Surprised we didn’t move for him given Pep’s comments. Do wonder whether we would’ve had Alvarez’s move come earlier.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.