It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Won't happen as Rice is too good to play second fiddle to Rodri,and i doubt Pep would use both in the same 11.

However,if was willing to come in and mostly sit on the bench.....Philips and 50m is a no brainer.
Unless the plan all along was to play Phillips with Rodri. If we intend to keep playing this new formation with Gundo leaving I can see us wanting rice. Laporte goes and John is back in defence. It all depends on how pep wants to play going forward. Foden/Grealish takes Gundo’s place in the centre.

Won't happen as Rice is too good to play second fiddle to Rodri,and i doubt Pep would use both in the same 11.

However,if was willing to come in and mostly sit on the bench.....Philips and 50m is a no brainer.

Could he not play alongside Rodri. Like stones has done and then move stones back to being a centre half

Barca still have to reduce their wage bill by €200M. They’re in a billion in debt and they’ve just secured another €1.5 billion for the stadium. They’ve already been told by La Liga they can’t sell off any more of their assets to raise funds too. The majority of debt, is now borrowed money from Goldman-sachs, who in essence now control the majority of the club as it stands. GS were the ones who forced Barca into the super league. Guillem Balagué states GS would prefer Messi above everyone else first, as it’ll bring in more sponsors and potential investment. To help them clear some of their debt. If they pursue Messi, he will be asked to take a big pay cut though, to at least something around €25M a year, a quarter of his last salary. But that still means €225M to sort out. So add that to the list, before they even think about signing other players.

It also means, if Barca sign anyone else, it will more than likely, be on a free transfer, and it will be very unlikely, they will be paid significant amounts like in the past. If they do sign players with a higher profile, it’s also highly likely, high profile players will have to leave them. They already have 3 highly rated young midfielders and Busquets, who has reportedly agreed another contract extension. So at the most they may get Gundo for free, but it’s very unlikely they’ll sign any players that cost them on the wage bill. However, re Gundo, I think that also depends on him, as he said publicly it depends if he can take the toll of the Premiere league for another year, based on his past injuries. Basically, if he went, he would use Barca as a retirement club.

Barca have shown in recent years they don’t seem to care much about their financial situation and they try to find loopholes. But Tebas stated, if they don’t reduce their wage bill by €200M they won’t be able to register players next season. As things stand they're breaching La Liga rules and have been doing so. They sold a lot of club assets to help them raise money, but Tebas has told them they can’t do that anymore. The rest of the leagues members are putting massive pressure on Tebas to punish them. Then add to that the scandal involving leaked evidence of them paying the head of the referee committee, and you’ve got one hugely messed up club. Realistically, they shouldn’t sign anyone else.
But yet European football are obsessed with City & blame us for ruining football! :-/

Gundog to Barça on a free makes perfect sense. A 2 year deal with a 12 month option in the sun, for an experienced quality German international in an easier league... What's not to like?

This is the route I can see Barça going down unless they start shifting more saleable assets in the form of elite players like FDJ, which they can ill-afford to do if they want to compete at the highest level.

Imagine if Busquets signs an extension & they get Gundog? Alongside Lewandowski their squad will soon resemble Dad's Army!

keep reading gundo will be going to barca, then in the same post barca need to shed 200m off their wage bill, imo gundo will want near 200k a week and a decent signing on fee, hes a top midfielder, not some ex barca youth player , unless its a nailed on deal i really cant see him going there.
I've got a lever for sale if Barça are interested? :-)

istockphoto-1226115595-612x612.jpg

I'm not sure how Barca afforded Lewandowski ! He could have got a lot more ( I assume) form staying in Germany/ Gulf or even PL. Gundy doesn't seem money driven ( I know, I know) given he runs his contracts down and his uncle negotiates for him, maybe the kudos of being an ex Barcelona player will have some pull and he waives a signing on fee and reduced wages - enough idiots have done it in the last couple of years.

As Maximus once said - 'We shall know soon enough'

Unless the plan all along was to play Phillips with Rodri. If we intend to keep playing this new formation with Gundo leaving I can see us wanting rice. Laporte goes and John is back in defence. It all depends on how pep wants to play going forward. Foden/Grealish takes Gundo’s place in the centre.
ii think that was one of the ideas with phillips you only have to go to go back to pre season where phillips played with rodri but phillips was the one who dropped into defence

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.