It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

But yet European football are obsessed with City & blame us for ruining football! :-/

Gundog to Barça on a free makes perfect sense. A 2 year deal with a 12 month option in the sun, for an experienced quality German international in an easier league... What's not to like?

This is the route I can see Barça going down unless they start shifting more saleable assets in the form of elite players like FDJ, which they can ill-afford to do if they want to compete at the highest level.

Imagine if Busquets signs an extension & they get Gundog? Alongside Lewandowski their squad will soon resemble Dad's Army!

Yeah it makes sense for Gundo, if he is ready to wind down. That’s basically what he’s said, he’ll see if he thinks he can still be competitive. I think some of that comes down to motivation as well as other factors. In my opinion I think it depends what happens this season in the CL. I think if we don’t win it, we’ll see him do another season. If we do win it, I don’t think you’ll hear much about Gundo again, he’ll retire playing a bit part role at Barca.

I think with Bernardo it’s similar, but a bit more complicated. I reckon if we won the CL he’d be happy to go too, but if we didn’t, he might want to stay. This is what I’ve heard. However, the only way he goes anywhere, is if his agent can broker a deal with a club who can afford him, which is realistically just PSG or Real. Unless, another top team comes in with a swap deal, but that’s difficult to make. In all honesty, my opinion is, I think Bernardo will end up staying and then going on a free transfer in two years, by which point he’ll be in a position where he might want to wind down too and could end up back in Portugal.

I think Laporte may go off to PSG or Real though. I can’t see Bayern paying anything for Cancelo, so unless we can do a swap deal, he might be hard to move on for a good price too. But I think the club would be willing to give a discount on him because of his supposed attitude problems. Whereas Bernardo hasn’t a put a foot wrong and I don’t think he would. From what I hear, he loves City, he just has a desire to be closer to home and start a family.

Last edited:
Yeah it makes sense for Gundo, if he is ready to wind down. That’s basically what he’s said, he’ll see if he thinks he can still be competitive. I think some of that comes down to motivation as well as other factors. In my opinion I think it depends what happens this season in the CL. I think if we don’t win it, we’ll see him do another season. If we do win it, I don’t think you’ll hear much about Gundo again, he’ll retire playing a bit part role at Barca.

I think with Bernardo it’s similar, but a bit more complicated. I reckon if we won the CL he’d be happy to go too, but if we didn’t, he might want to stay. This is what I’ve heard. However, the only way he goes anywhere, is if his agent can broker a deal with a club who can afford him, which is realistically just PSG or Real. Unless, another top team comes in with a swap deal, but that’s difficult to make. In all honesty, my opinion is, I think Bernardo will end up staying and then going on a free transfer in two years, by which point he’ll be in a position where he might want to wind down too and could end up back in Portugal.

I think Laporte may go off to PSG or Real though. I can’t see Bayern paying anything for Cancelo, so unless we can do a swap deal, he might be hard to move on for a good price too. But I think the club would be willing to give a discount on him because of his supposed attitude problems. Whereas Bernardo hasn’t a put a foot wrong and I don’t think he would. From what I hear, he loves City, he just has a desire to be closer to home and start a family.
To be honest, I don't think Gundog & Bernardo staying or going will have anything to do with our failures or successes this season.

One's expressed his wish to leave & the other is nearly 33 & will soon be out of contract. City need to prepare for both scenarios regardless of what the players decide.

I think this will sadly be Ilkay's final season & I think City will have identified his long term replacement already. I really can't see City not having a plan in place, whilst hanging on until negotiations with Gundog's people are over either way.

With most of our former players, we found out late in the season that they were definitely leaving. That to me suggests the decisions were already made, but not announced so as not to affect the squad.

As for Bernardo, it's quite simple. We want £80m & if someone matches our valuation, he'll leave. If not, he'll remain as a committed player until his contract ends in 2025. I'd love him to stay, but either £80m or another 2 years are fine with me.

Agreed with Laporté. I can see there being a lot of interest in him but with major battles over his valuation, because everyone tries to low ball City. PSG, Real & Barça are apparently monitoring the situation, but fuck knows what possible "Levers" Barça have left to pull... \0/

As for Cancelo, I just want him gone! However therein lies the problem. After the boos he got at the Etihad & the way he celebrated Haaland's penalty miss, everyone else knows we want rid, so they'll be queuing up with more low ball offers for him.

HOWEVER, there maybe a silver lining where Alphonso Davies is concerned. He's been heavily rotated this season & only has two years left on his contract.

Bayern would be loathed to lose him, but if Davies were interested & the price was right, I could see a potential deal involving Cancelo.

The only issue with that is Cancelo! We need him to pull his socks up lickety split & start performing! :-)

Pep is just taking English internationals to show Southgate how to win with the squad that’s all

Spain and Germany won World Cups while Pep was managing in their countries. It’s only right we’d try and follow suit… ;)

Don't l know if mentioned.
Olise from Palice looks great ln midfeild quick and great eye for a pass an intelligent looking player
When he was still at Reading, I was very impressed with him. The boy deserves a big club, his mint.

Don't l know if mentioned.
Olise from Palice looks great ln midfeild quick and great eye for a pass an intelligent looking player
We had him in 2016 & released him. He ended up at Reading where he made his league debut & in 2021 Palace bought him for £9m.

He's a good prospect who I've watched carefully. At this stage of his career, I think he falls just short of what we need right now, but he's got a shit load of potential & may well make it at the very top in the near future...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.