It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

To be honest, I don't think Gundog & Bernardo staying or going will have anything to do with our failures or successes this season.

One's expressed his wish to leave & the other is nearly 33 & will soon be out of contract. City need to prepare for both scenarios regardless of what the players decide.

I think this will sadly be Ilkay's final season & I think City will have identified his long term replacement already. I really can't see City not having a plan in place, whilst hanging on until negotiations with Gundog's people are over either way.

With most of our former players, we found out late in the season that they were definitely leaving. That to me suggests the decisions were already made, but not announced so as not to affect the squad.

As for Bernardo, it's quite simple. We want £80m & if someone matches our valuation, he'll leave. If not, he'll remain as a committed player until his contract ends in 2025. I'd love him to stay, but either £80m or another 2 years are fine with me.

Agreed with Laporté. I can see there being a lot of interest in him but with major battles over his valuation, because everyone tries to low ball City. PSG, Real & Barça are apparently monitoring the situation, but fuck knows what possible "Levers" Barça have left to pull... \0/

As for Cancelo, I just want him gone! However therein lies the problem. After the boos he got at the Etihad & the way he celebrated Haaland's penalty miss, everyone else knows we want rid, so they'll be queuing up with more low ball offers for him.

HOWEVER, there maybe a silver lining where Alphonso Davies is concerned. He's been heavily rotated this season & only has two years left on his contract.

Bayern would be loathed to lose him, but if Davies were interested & the price was right, I could see a potential deal involving Cancelo.

The only issue with that is Cancelo! We need him to pull his socks up lickety split & start performing! :-)

Accept an offer from Turkey for Cancelo - he’s an arse wipe who’s already gone as far as the club is concerned. We will have to take a loss on him but fuck him. We are stronger without him.
Gundo and Bernardo may be eying Barca but there’s a huge issue with Barca‘s finance’s and their ability to add them to the payroll. I can see Gundo back in Germany to be honest - a year or two in Munich maybe. Bernardo may yet do two years here before getting a freebie to Benfica Or somewhere in Spain

Accept an offer from Turkey for Cancelo - he’s an arse wipe who’s already gone as far as the club is concerned. We will have to take a loss on him but fuck him. We are stronger without him.
Gundo and Bernardo may be eying Barca but there’s a huge issue with Barca‘s finance’s and their ability to add them to the payroll. I can see Gundo back in Germany to be honest - a year or two in Munich maybe. Bernardo may yet do two years here before getting a freebie to Benfica Or somewhere in Spain
It would be poetry if Gundog made an emotional return to Dortmund & Bellingham came the other way.

I understand the lure of Barça, but they're a VERY different Barça to the 2010 vintage. It's Gundog's choice, but he's a wise man who I'm sure will make the right decision.

Cancelo can fuck off to Mars as far as I'm concerned...

It would be poetry if Gundog made an emotional return to Dortmund & Bellingham came the other way.

I understand the lure of Barça, but they're a VERY different Barça to the 2010 vintage. It's Gundog's choice, but he's a wise man who I'm sure will make the right decision.

It’s no coincidence that Cancelo left and the squad harmony is better is it?

Cancelo has already had more clubs than Jack Nicklaus I’m guessing it’s pastures new again for him this summer but he’s seriously running out of options…. But I get the impression he ain’t going to learn from his mistakes, but as you say fuck him.

It’s no coincidence that Cancelo left and the squad harmony is better is it?
Like most, I was baffled by our early season form. One or two players OK, but not a whole blummin squad!

Many suggested it might be Haaland playing Billy Big Bollocks that upset the squad's harmony, but lo & behold Cancelo leaves & there's an instant uptick in the squad's demeanour.

Four weeks after his departure, we started showing signs of being the Man City we all know & expected.

If not for FFP & if Sheikh Mansour didn't mind losing a packet, we should get the most we can THIS SUMMER & fuck Cancelo off.

Can you imagine the shit storm if he were to return?

Cancelo has already had more clubs than Jack Nicklaus I’m guessing it’s pastures new again for him this summer but he’s seriously running out of options…. But I get the impression he ain’t going to learn from his mistakes, but as you say fuck him.
He sounds like a disturbed individual who can't handle disappointment too well. We urgently need him to become someone else's problem.

I'm praying for the impossible. Joao Cancelo in exchange for Alphonso Davies. Can't see it happening like that, but I can dream innit? :-)

Like most, I was baffled by our early season form. One or two players OK, but not a whole blummin squad!

Many suggested it might be Haaland playing Billy Big Bollocks that upset the squad's harmony, but lo & behold Cancelo leaves & there's an instant uptick in the squad's demeanour.

Four weeks after his departure, we started showing signs of being the Man City we all know & expected.

If not for FFP & if Sheikh Mansour didn't mind losing a packet, we should get the most we can THIS SUMMER & fuck Cancelo off.

Can you imagine the shit storm if he were to return?

Yeah he won’t be back imo mate, worst case loaned out again

He sounds like a disturbed individual who can't handle disappointment too well. We urgently need him to become someone else's problem.

I'm praying for the impossible. Joao Cancelo in exchange for Alphonso Davies. Can't see it happening like that, but I can dream innit? :-)

I can see Cancelo back in Italy (on loan with an option to buy - with us subsidising his wages). I genuinely can't see Bayern taking him, Barca can't afford him so where's he going to go?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.