It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

I just don’t think city have heard about him when he just joined Palace, I think they knew about him at Blackburn as the reviews on him were amazing.

If he stays in the England squad and plays at the same level we are in a bidding war and City don’t often get in bidding wars for players. If Kovacic goes next season and Nunes leaves aswell he is the perfect replacement long term.

Get him in now and get a bedding in season so when he goes into the World Cup year he is at that level to play regularly and shouts for first name in the team sheet.
Absolutely agree. If a bidding war ensues, we won't be involved. We've shown for a long time we don't overpay for players and won't be used to play off against other clubs.

But I don't think we can say at this stage he's the perfect replacement for anyone in our squad. He would be a risk, as all signings are, but for £70m this would be a huge risk. Let's stay grounded here, he's full of promise but hasn't achieved anything yet. I'd imagine that's why Tolmie has alluded to the fact we are/were happy to wait a year and see how he progresses before making a decision.

Absolutely agree. If a bidding war ensues, we won't be involved. We've shown for a long time we don't overpay for players and won't be used to play off against other clubs.

But I don't think we can say at this stage he's the perfect replacement for anyone in our squad. He would be a risk, as all signings are, but for £70m this would be a huge risk. Let's stay grounded here, he's full of promise but hasn't achieved anything yet. I'd imagine that's why Tolmie has alluded to the fact we are/were happy to wait a year and see how he progresses before making a decision.
Completely true it is a massive risk for us considering the money we have spent on Phillips and Nunes.

I just think we won’t get him next summer if he has another good season because of the bidding war for him. It could be less than £70m and Tolmie has said something about a release clause for £52m I just think if I’m palace and the season is starting this weekend plus the futures of Eze, Guehi up in the air, they will want top money for him.

Where's £70m come from for Wharton? (Not doubting it, just wondering!)
I haven’t seen it anywhere online of nothing, it’s just a valuation for him in my opinion considering his contract and we are in the last month of the window.

Athletic reporting

Pep admires Rodrygo, if we sign him then we surely can expect for Pep to extend
Internal talks of Eze
Txiki could reignite interest in Bruno.G

So Pep will tell the whole City's squad, because of my new toy Rodrygo I feel excited again and I want to stay ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.