It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Why are people saying Bobbs injury pushes us into the market for a winger? Can people not count? We've got 4 proper wingers and we have 2 midfield players in bernardo and foden who are first choice on the wing above them 4 if that's how pep wants to get them into the side, add to that nunes and mcatee can easily play there and there would be no need for a replacement even if Bobb was out for 3 years.

We need to replace Alvarez and then at least imo we need to replace anybody else in the first team squad that leaves which includes phillips and cancelo, no other positions will be considered.

Why are people saying Bobbs injury pushes us into the market for a winger? Can people not count? We've got 4 proper wingers and we have 2 midfield players in bernardo and foden who are first choice on the wing above them 4 if that's how pep wants to get them into the side, add to that nunes and mcatee can easily play there and there would be no need for a replacement even if Bobb was out for 3 years.

We need to replace Alvarez and then at least imo we need to replace anybody else in the first team squad that leaves which includes phillips and cancelo, no other positions will be considered.
We definitely don't need to sign a winger. Think it will give us the push we need to sign an Alvarez replacement though, rather than just going with what we gave.

Pep needs to decide if he rates Nunes or not. If he doesn't, get him sold or loaned out and bring in a midfielder and a forward. If he does, then he needs to play him.
It’s more the obvious he has had one season and so far not took his chance, I can’t see why Pep
would play him at the expense of others unless he is showing more in training etc.

I’ll go… why?
Well savio and Bobb were going to be the right wingers and Silva and Foden move to the middle. Now Bobb’s minutes on the right are going to be shared with them now which leaves more minutes in the midfield.

We have to break the bank now, move Bernardo and Foden more on the right and get Bruno in. Gutted for Bobb but now the board need to make sure that we get a high quality player in which is going to cost us some money.
We aint getting any High quality player in this late

It’s more the obvious he has had one season and so far not took his chance, I can’t see why Pep
would play him at the expense of others unless he is showing more in training etc.
The point I was (perhaps clumsily) trying to make is that our problem is not a lack of numbers, but a lack of quality depth in midfield. We have the likes of Phillips, Nunes and Kovacic to cover Rodri but only one of those has earned Pep's trust, and it's not his natural position either.

There's not a lot of point in keeping Nunes and also signing a midfielder, so if Nunes has a future here we should trust him. If not, be ruthless and replace him.

I think it’s the reality that with Alvarez gone and potentially Bobb out for a long time that we could do with one more.

No-ones saying get a RW but another body such as Bruno or Eze (or some Txiki signing) could be needed.

We definitely don't need to sign a winger. Think it will give us the push we need to sign an Alvarez replacement though, rather than just going with what we gave.
Get what youre saying but I don't think we've ever needed that push, I reckon it's been the highest priority since Alvarez decided he wanted out, the false 9 thing just doesn't fit the current squad, theres not enough goals in the team oitside of Haaland for that to work now. I'd be completely shocked if we didn't sign a proper replacement.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.